Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1701 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Anyone use a small grow box?

Hey all my can-can friends, has anyone every tried to use a small grow box, like the PC grow boxes you can find on line? I'm thinking of making or buying one.

after 25 years as a smoker, I had never grown before. But a few months ago I dropped 4 old seeds in a pot of miracle grow, and I ended up with one nice female. She's about 3 feet tall now, and I do nothing but water her now and then. I'm going to start putting her in a closet at night to start the 12/12 cycle and see what happens!.

Now that I know I have a half-ass green thumb, I'm thinking of trying a small box... because I'm having a hard time keeping the indoor plant hidden from guests who stop by my home.

Thanks for any advice - JL
    johnnylethal Reviewed by johnnylethal on . Anyone use a small grow box? Hey all my can-can friends, has anyone every tried to use a small grow box, like the PC grow boxes you can find on line? I'm thinking of making or buying one. after 25 years as a smoker, I had never grown before. But a few months ago I dropped 4 old seeds in a pot of miracle grow, and I ended up with one nice female. She's about 3 feet tall now, and I do nothing but water her now and then. I'm going to start putting her in a closet at night to start the 12/12 cycle and see what happens!. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

She's a little tall for indoor already, but then, how tall are your ceilings,lol.No box experience here but search it in forums for advice,some good and some will make it up as they type it. Good luck brother gardner!

Thanks for the advice, I'll search the forum. Check out the pic of my girl. She's a bit scrawny because my damn cat chews on her when I'm not looking... and she only gets a couple hours of direct light each day. I'm surprised she's doing so well.

Any growing advice anyone wants to offer, I'm eager to hear.

From the spacing at the top I'd say she is very near to flower. Great color and healthy veg.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylethal
    Thanks for the advice, I'll search the forum. Check out the pic of my girl. She's a bit scrawny because my damn cat chews on her when I'm not looking... and she only gets a couple hours of direct light each day. I'm surprised she's doing so well.

Any growing advice anyone wants to offer, I'm eager to hear.
    It looks like its time to transplant to bigger pot.
    Looks really good for just getting alittle sun on your window sill.
    keep it simple stupid is always the way to go..
    lots of luck..medicate responsibly:rastasmoke:

I was hoping to limit it's growth by not putting it in a bigger pot. Does anyone know if that will keep it small? Or will I end up with root problems before I'm ready to harvest?

I'm also going to try and get another one started so I can stage the time they mature. Since I'm using nature light (window sill), I'm sure how they do in the winter with the short days?

I imagine it will still be some time before there's anything to sample off my first plant and I have no idea how much I'll yield.

Looks like a 1 gal pot. It would be better in at least a 3 gal but if you keep up with the watering it should finish up ok. I doubt a small pot keeps the plants much smaller. Its just gonna get root bound and lock out nutrients easier, so maybe too late to transplant to bigger pot now. I';d just let it finish and keep a close eye on the soil moisture. She's flowering now?

Thanks for the advice... after 25 yrs as a daily smoker, I finally dropped a few seeds into a pot 2 months ago, and BAM, I got a nice looking plant.

I'm eager to grow a few more, but am very limited in the amount of light they get. I only have a window sill facing west, so they only get light in the afternoon.

There must be more growers out there in SC land.

Anyone in my situation? Trying to grow to cover their daily use?