Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1929 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

6 weeks of flowering and no buds

Quote Originally Posted by tundra
    You think that its blooming slow because the fans arnt blowing at the bud sites, its ate the bottom so its blowin at the main stem. so maybe if i face it so the fan is blowing at the pistils they will get stronger,.. nice thinkin there. thanks. i leave the fans on 24/7 but they are pc fans.
    yea i got a sodium light but no ballast and my electric bill is high as it is.

what about if i put a fence around the plants, will that train the buds?
    i was thinkin on doing that but im not sure how that works

yea this is my first gro, they were all females, all five, but 2 got left behind and the leaves block'd the light and they died, im not sure if they got root rot cus i left them in and they was dead, i pulled them out later when i thought about it, they roots were brown,
    but the ones that are alive their roots arn not white how they was en veg. they are like a tan color now. well not sure what it is, cus theres no slimy brown stuff and thats what you get when its root rot.
    ill take a pic later when the lights are on
    oh yea
    you say you got give them big bloom. like how much you give them?
    like you know the cap of big bloom, well i would fill it and and add to each gallon, maybe thats too much huh?
    but its says with big bloom you really cant over feed the plant the more the marrier well maybe you can. i put five gallons of water each time i change it, but sense i cant move the plant cus when i did the some started to bend down, so i use the water pump to pump the water out and i just add it again. but it might still have some nutes from last feeding..
    get at me
    :jointsmile:
    Big Bloom calls for 4 tablespoons per gallon, and Grow Big calls for 2-3 teaspoons. Different sizes. There are 3 teaspoons in a tablespoon. I use Grow Big half measure since it burned a couple of plants out of 15 I have although they all got the same nute feeding w/Big Bloom full measure. And you should be feeding Tiger Bloom with the Big Bloom now. And Tiger Bloom uses teaspoon measures too. :thumbsup:

2.   Advertisements

thanks... yea i just put the fans so the air is blowing at the bud sites. the pistils. see what happends. about nutes i only got big bloom, dont got bloom tiger. for veg i was givin it schultz plant food.
    heres pics of the root system, let me know if everything looks ok

You're fine, typical root discoloration from the nutes.

I'd like to see more close-up bud shots. See how you're already frosting out, even on the stems of fan leaves in your bud shot up there? I didn't get that until I added 6500K into the equation. The top buds under the HPS got large but not very frosty, and the lower buds turned snowy.

Big bloom is really not made for a stand alone nute it works better as a add on to Tiger Bloom and Grow Big... The rate on the bottle is strong and if conditions are not perfect it will burn your babies... I do soil and follow the feeding schedule for soil with great success... here is the feeding schedule for hydro...

http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/hydrofeed.pdf

took them today . i gaved it less nutes this time, but why arnt the buds getting swole?

Hey I'm wondering what happened to this grow I'm having similar issues with my grow they are not swelling

Quote Originally Posted by rageisnotbad
    Hey I'm wondering what happened to this grow I'm having similar issues with my grow they are not swelling
    How long has it been since you switched to flowering?

I have used Fox Farms products for years and years.Some people swear by more expensive nutes,but I have found that are compleatelly not nessasary.Your plants look great just the way they are.If you are in doubt about the amount of nutes your feeding your plants,it's perfectly fine to cut back the dosage a little.All plants slow in growth when they begin to bud so don't worry about it.NEVER NEVER cut fan leaves from your plant!!!If you think you are not getting enough light to your buds it is acceptable to carefully bend and loosely tie your fan leaves out of the way,but you NEVER cut fan leaves.It can be difficult,but patience is the key!

Quote Originally Posted by tundra
    took them today . i gaved it less nutes this time, but why arnt the buds getting swole?
    Patience!!! They will swell.That seems to be the hardest part for people when they finnally get buds.Remember those buds need a crap load more light than your vegging plant did.Get them lights down on them buds as close as you can without burning your plant,you will be glad you did when it's time to harvest.

Here are pictures of my CFL grow. I have all of the lights within a couple inches of and assorted throughout the plants and this only the 21st day of flowering. Pictures do no justice for size bud almost all of the bud sites are atleast as fat as a quarter. My tops on one plant are about the size of a half dollar. Very dense bud production so far, very pleased. It looks like it snows powdered sugar every day cause they are getting very frosty.

Say what you want but I believe CFL's are capable of doing what HPS can do if used properly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast