Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1679 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My dog

Quote Originally Posted by dark0ne
    The thing about parents is they want whats best for you, and even though your old enugh to be on your own they still look at you as their child.
    That is so true. My wife, kids, and I had to stay with my folks for a month between assignments once. Man, they reverted right back to treating me like I was a teenager living at home (I was 34). We drove each other a bit crazy.

Now my youngest is 28. He is successful and independent. I'm proud of him, but I still see him as my baby.

What can you do?

2.   Advertisements

My dog

Wait until it's dark, then raid that place like it's fucking Normandy. That's what I would do, anyways. I am a little high though..

My dog

The thing about parents is they want whats best for you, and even though your old enugh to be on your own they still look at you as their child. You can't come in like gangbusters demanding this and that it wont work. so wait a bit, and the next time they are home. Invite them to lunch at your place, or someplace comfortable. You have to come off sounding like an adult on their own. i delt with this for years and it's only been recently that i have made amends with my mother.
    Unfortunately, my mom has a lot of aggression and control issues- it's been a while since this whole ordeal of me moving out has occurred, and if I stop by the house to get something, she screams and hurls very strong-worded insults at me, though I say nothing to her. When we fought, I NEVER uttered a word of personal insult or any sort of demeaning language towards her- it was very difficult, but I kept repeating that we cannot get along without some outside help, and I've made my mind up about this, etc.

My siblings are all in complete agreement that she has some serious psychological issues going on. I don't really want to delve more into why she's like that- it's rather complicated- but at best, she is a manipulative controlling egomaniac.

My father wants what's best for me, but my mom is just furious because I am no longer under her control.

My dog

Wow,forget the dog and save yourself!

My dog

A real Mom would want you to be happy you don't have a Mom you have a Nemesis... It's a dog not a pawn!!!

My dog

Quote Originally Posted by jtsik330
    The dog is not just yours it sounds like it more of a family dog. The dog has called that place home for so many years now I think it may be more wrong to take em outta there. Its a messed up situation but I think best thing is just leave it alone. If your love for the dog is so deep then take the proper steps to be able to see him or have some type of relationship with him. If you were the golden child at somepoint then you should be able to atleast work something out with them.

Also try and just deal with whatever your parents are throwing at just cuz they are your parents. I too am having.a hard time with my parents but am doing everything in my power to hang in there.
    this has got to be the best advise I have ever heard. Keep up the good spirts, you only have one set of parents:stoned:

My dog

Quote Originally Posted by TheChameleon
    A real Mom would want you to be happy you don't have a Mom you have a Nemesis... It's a dog not a pawn!!!
    What I got from here story was that the dog is with mom because that all she has left, but like you said the dog is not a pawn. I think the mother and daughter both need to grow up life is short belive me I know I lost my father when I was fifteen and was always arguing and I wish I could take those time back and change them to pleasent time. Sometime you just got to grin and bare it.:stoned:

My dog

Quote Originally Posted by weedmaster
    maybe i am not understaanding this right but it sounds like you are shareing accomadation so you haven't got your own permanent place and sounds like where you are staying a dog is being left alone allready, i may be getting this totally wrong if so sorry but if that is the case please think of what you want to do is it for the dog or yourself? once again sorry if ihave misunderstood.
    no dont think you did I think theirs a problem with her and mother that needs to be worked out and I belive she said her sister told her that the dog sleeps on her bed well have the sister take care of the dog make the younger generation have some responsiabilty.:stoned:

My dog

The thing about parents is they want whats best for you, and even though your old enugh to be on your own they still look at you as their child. You can't come in like gangbusters demanding this and that it wont work. so wait a bit, and the next time they are home. Invite them to lunch at your place, or someplace comfortable. You have to come off sounding like an adult on their own. i delt with this for years and it's only been recently that i have made amends with my mother.
    very smart person,:stoned:

My dog

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Banana
    Unfortunately, my mom has a lot of aggression and control issues- it's been a while since this whole ordeal of me moving out has occurred, and if I stop by the house to get something, she screams and hurls very strong-worded insults at me, though I say nothing to her. When we fought, I NEVER uttered a word of personal insult or any sort of demeaning language towards her- it was very difficult, but I kept repeating that we cannot get along without some outside help, and I've made my mind up about this, etc.

My siblings are all in complete agreement that she has some serious psychological issues going on. I don't really want to delve more into why she's like that- it's rather complicated- but at best, she is a manipulative controlling egomaniac.

My father wants what's best for me, but my mom is just furious because I am no longer under her control.
    well it looks like your the bigger person. congrats she will come around:stoned:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook