Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1479 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

THC's First grow log - WW Feminized from Nirvana

So here it is guys, after a long and enduring day, I finally got most of the grunt work done on my grow room/closet.

In progress:

And the final product:

Thats all for now, but I might have a slight heating issue as expected, and am looking for user input on this, right now the light has been on for a good half hour with the fan blowing right on it, the hygrometer is about 2 feet below the light and it is at about 87 degrees, with 30 humidity, should I invest in a 450W HPS, and if I do, will the heat issue be resolved?

Ambient temperature in the room is 70 degrees steady
    Anyone please?
    Need help or guidance on your grow? Refer to my grow log to assist you. THContent\'s 1\'st Grow Log WW Feminized Nirvana
    Check out my other threads for information on making your own feminized seeds and a DIY Air scrubber!

bump
    Need help or guidance on your grow? Refer to my grow log to assist you. THContent\'s 1\'st Grow Log WW Feminized Nirvana
    Check out my other threads for information on making your own feminized seeds and a DIY Air scrubber!

3.   Advertisements

bump ...

Forget it, I got a cooltube for the heating issue, should be arriving within the week

Temps were roughly 88 with the light on for half hour, 75 with light off. Cooltube should exhaust most of the heat out the window

Hey guys, just wanted to keep you updated.

Today I checked below the soil and it looks like the babies are doing just fine, I can see more root growth and the seed is opening more, I expect to see them surface within the next 4 days max, also got a cootube for the obvious heating issue I am having. as in the pictures below, it says 90 degrees and that is with a fan blowing directly on the light and one blowing air in below. Once I get the cooltube I expect the temp to drop drastically to around 70 once I get the ducting and proper fan for extraction through the tube.

Here are a few pics of the setup:

So when do you guys expect them to surface, also, what temps you think I will be looking at with the cooltube setup, blowing the hot air out the window?

Panda filmed my window for future light concerns, do not need pesky neighbors wondering what the deal is. I have been watering ever few hours little at a time with bottled poland spring water.

Current conditions:
    Temperature: 77 Degrees F
    Humidity: 37%

Running A/C in room on full to compensate for heat from light, one fan blowing cool air in below.

Well today guys I got a pleasant surprise, I woke up this morning to see one of the babies above soil today

Here are a few pics of the progress:

And here is the other one:

And them both together:

I expect the other plant to surface by the end of the day at the rate everything is going.

THcontent, really looks like you have done your homework for your first grow. Im sure your going to get some awesome bud at the end of it. One thing about your seedlings, remember to keep the soil quite moist till it properly develops its first set of leaves. If the soil drys up shes going to frazzle ! Anyway keep up the good work

Hey Char thanks man, I have been watering few times daily ensuring the top soil stays moist as well, the airflow is very well throughout the grow area. However today I came home and the temp was at 95 degrees in the room : / but the airflow was still good so I am hoping it didn't hurt too much. I had the A/C blasting on high the whole day but as some of you might know, A/C usually get frosted and stop blowing cold air after a while of prolonged use, thus, causing my room to heat up to 95 degrees, good thing I kept the soil moist before I left. When the A/C was functioning and cooling the whole room, the temp in the closet was at a steady 77 degrees with the light on, so temps were pretty good for most of the day.

I took some pics today and the leaves are looking really nice, very deep green and developing as anticipated. Here are a few:

And here's the fan blowing right on the light out the door, still waiting for the cooltube then I won't have heat issues, thank God!:

Temps back down to 86, I went and picked up 2 CFL's 1600 lumens each, total of 3200 lumens, best I can do for right now until cooltube comes in, if it hits 90 again I will hook the CFL's up and turn off the MH.

I am guessing 86 with good airflow is alright, unless I am mistaken?

Had to put CFL's in, temps were getting too high for me and first set of leaves look downward so hoping the 2 CFL's will do some justice for the time being. Temp down to 81 for now, shooting for 75 as the night goes on and the room cools down.

cfls will be fine for seedlings

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast