Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1454 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

THC's First grow log - WW Feminized from Nirvana

Well, I just couldn't wait any longer... After only 18 hours, already seeing root sprouts on both seeds (germinated in moist paper towel *tap water* in glass butter dish with cover, roughly 82 degrees during day, 76 at night)

Side Note:

Sterilized grow area with Clorox disinfectant spray (scrubbed) and is now airing out for the next day with fan, tomorrow stapling up Panda Film and putting light fixture in, possibly mixing soil with perlite and giving the new sprouts a good home for a few weeks.

And another shot

Any thoughts
    Need help or guidance on your grow? Refer to my grow log to assist you. THContent\'s 1\'st Grow Log WW Feminized Nirvana
    Check out my other threads for information on making your own feminized seeds and a DIY Air scrubber!

2.   Advertisements

give em about 2-3 more day or till the root is about 2-21/2 inchs long should work nicely

I will SourD, also wanted to add, I am going to keep them in veg until about 19 inches, then go to flowering (I am hoping for roughly 6 oz total from these 2)

I will keep you guys updated as I go, after every watering as well as tomorrow so you guys can see the setup once it is finished i.e. light fixture, fans, panda film, etc.
    Need help or guidance on your grow? Refer to my grow log to assist you. THContent\'s 1\'st Grow Log WW Feminized Nirvana
    Check out my other threads for information on making your own feminized seeds and a DIY Air scrubber!

Quote Originally Posted by THContent
    I will SourD, also wanted to add, I am going to keep them in veg until about 19 inches, then go to flowering (I am hoping for roughly 6 oz total from these 2)

I will keep you guys updated as I go, after every watering as well as tomorrow so you guys can see the setup once it is finished i.e. light fixture, fans, panda film, etc.
    if your gana let em get that big your gana need a big grow room or to grow outside your plants will double size if not bigger during flowering

Just stopping in to say hi and I'm gonna watch your grow - currently have WW as well, so I'm interested in how yours grow compared to ours. We did the homework too but before I found this forum so already had a rough plan on what we'd be doing....have slightly adapted the plans after finding good tips and lots of helpful advice here! Being our first grow, we've had a few issues to resolve - and most likely will have more as we progress, but for now all is good. Will be getting new pics put on myself tomorrow so feel free to stop by and look.

Good luck with your grow

Thanks fly, I will not dissapoint when it comes to logging, I promise

I did have one slight change in plans though, instead of using Fox Farms trio nutes, I will be using Jack's Classic All Purpose 20-20-20 and Jack's Classic Blossom Booster 10-30-20.

As many of you know, Fox Farms is a well known brand manufacturer of nutes/fertilizer etc. Well, I found out today that if companies make a "supplemental" additive to their nutes, then its likely that they are just preying on people that are not completely informed as a result you end up buying more, well I will admit, I read alot of people use FF nutes and I was all for it, but that was before I read more in to it and found that you really only need 2 nutes throughout the entire grow process from veg to flowering, think about it, if you need a supplement then obviously that means that somewhere that company is screwing with you because they know that you are buying their nutes for the sole purpose of cannabis.

Not to mention, Jack's Classic is a fraction of the cost, and completely organic, it also has all the trace elements needed for cannabis.

My Fox Farms Trio pack cost $49.99 on eBay, my local florist is a distributor for Jack's Classic nutes, the bloom cost me $5.99, and the All purpose cost me $8.95... roughly $15.00 for both, and its better than FF..... hmmm, something smells funny right? And to boot, my florist uses it on everything they have, and all their plants look amazingly green and fantastic.. I haven't used any of the FF yet, and I prolly won't. Not saying they aren't good nutes, just saying it obviously isin't sufficient enough if you need a supplement... that's all, and they are ripping people off taking advantage when you could get better for a fraction of the cost... wtf man, I thought they would at least compete with Jack's but apparently they spend their money on fancy labels and bashing small time business that make better products...

I don't mind if the pros that have used both chime in. I am definitely interested in hearing this.

Here is the All Purpose Specs:

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS

Total Nitrogen (N)....................................... 20%
    2.1% Nitrate Nitrogen
    17.9% Urea Nitrogen
    Available Phosphate (P2O5)....................... 20%
    Soluble Potash (K2O)................................. 20%
    Boron (B)............................................... ..... 0.02%
    Copper (Cu).............................................. .. 0.05%
    0.05% Chelated Copper (Cu)
    Iron (Fe).............................................. ........ 0.10%
    0.10% Chelated Iron (Fe)
    Manganese (Mn)......................................... 0.05%
    0.05% Chelated Manganese (Mn)
    Molybdenum (Mo)....................................... 0.0009%
    Zinc (Zn).............................................. ........ 0.05%
    0.05% Chelated Zinc (Zn)

Blossom Booster Specs:

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS

Total Nitrogen (N)....................................... 10%
    5% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
    5% Nitrate Nitrogen
    Available Phosphate (P2O5)....................... 30%
    Soluble Potash (K2O)................................. 20%
    Magnesium (Mg)......................................... 0.5%
    0.50% Water Soluble Magnesium (Mg)
    Boron (B)............................................... ..... 0.02%
    Copper (Cu).............................................. .. 0.05%
    0.05% Chelated Copper (Cu)
    Iron (Fe).............................................. ........ 0.10%
    0.10% Chelated Iron (Fe)
    Manganese (Mn)......................................... 0.05%
    0.05% Chelated Manganese (Mn)
    Molybdenum (Mo)....................................... 0.0009%
    Zinc (Zn).............................................. ........ 0.05%
    0.05% Chelated Zinc (Zn)

If you guys want, check for your location if your looking for them, its cheaper than buying them online:

Jack's Classic Plant Food from J.R. Peters, Inc., Fertilizer Manufacturer - Jacks Classic

To check your location:

Buy Jack's Classic Plant Food -- J.R. Peters, Inc., Fertilizer Manufacturer

Today I checked on my seeds, and low and behold the roots already have additional rooting sprouting off, I had no choice but to put them in the soil today, mixed in about 25% perlite (miracle grow brand) and gave a generous watering to the babies (used bottled poland spring instead of tap water, according to sources, its pH value is at 6.4, perfect for cannabis).

WHAT'S IN THE WATER YOU BUY?

Taken from another site:

Water with a pH of 4.
    Penta Water, Distilled Water, Purified Water, Aquafina (made by Pepsi), Dasani (made by Coke), Glaceau Fruit Water, Le Blue Water, Metro Mint Water, Pellegrino (made by Nestle), Perrier (made by Nestle), Smart Water, and Vitamin Water.
    Water with a pH of 4.5.
    Reverse Osmosis Water and Ice Age Glacial Water.
    Water with a pH of 5.
    Appalachian Springs Water and Poland Springs Water (made by Nestle)
    Water with a pH of 5.5.
    Crystal Springs Water, Dannon Spring Water, Pure American Water.
    All of the above bottled waters have an acidic ph, which does not support health waters
    Water with a pH of 7.
    Arrowhead Water, Crystal Geyser Water, Deep Park Water (made by Nestle), Eldorado Springs Water, Supermarket Spring Water.
    Water with a pH of 7.5.
    Biota water, Fiji Water, Whole Foods 365 Water, Zephyrhills Water (made by Nestle)
    Water with a pH of 7.9.
    Eden Springs Water.
    Water with a pH of 8.
    Deep Rock Water, Evamore Water.
    Water with a pH of 10
    Filtered Ionized Alkaline Water you make with your own Water Ionizer.

I may switch to Wal-Mart (Great Value) gallons, since the pH value is exactly 6. And it is relatively cheap.

Planted about an inch below the soil, very lightly covered as to not damage the roots.

I will upload pics as soon as the room is all set with panda film etc, and lighting system is put in.

Poland Springs, straight from their website:

Inorganic Minerals and Metals MRL MCL Level Found
    Calcium 0.10 NR 4.4-7.7
    Sodium 0.20 NR 3.9-7.4
    Potassium 0.10 NR 0.65-1.0
    Fluoride 0.100 2.0 (1.4-2.4) 0.11-0.12
    Magnesium 0.10 NR 0.91-1.2
    Bicarbonate 1.0 NR 6.7-20
    Nitrate 0.010 10.00 0.22-0.85
    Chloride 1.10 250 5.5-13
    Copper 0.050 1.0 ND
    pH (units) NA NA 5.72-6.68 - PERFECT!!!
    Sulfate 0.10 250 2.0-5.8
    Arsenic 0.0014 0.010 ND
    Lead 0.005 0.005 ND
    Total Dissolved Solids 1.0 NR 35-46

Today is officially day 1 in the grow, the day I planted the sprouts. 5/28/10

Here's a few pics for you guys:

I will have more as soon as room is finished, just wanna get as much in as I can.

Also wanted to add, I just ordered feminized G13 seeds from Amsterdam/Netherlands and will be giving those a go after this grow is complete.

Supposedly the best Marijuana in the world, a cross between White Widow and Hawaiian. But then again, the best weed is the weed you grow yourself, all the love and care payoff no matter what your growing.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast