Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1886 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

first grow white widow

First grow, white widow feminized seeds ,help needed.
    This is my first attempt at growing. Please see the attached photos. I germinated the seeds using the paper towel method which appeared to have gone ok. I initially had my seeds under a little plastic Propagator and they made rapid progress. However when I relocated the seeds to my grow room which were planted in fibre pots (see photos) and placed them under my 125 watt CFl they appear to have stalled. The only think which has happened since I move them to under the light in the grow room is they seem to have started to grow at an angle/stretched.
    I purchased the soil from a grow shop; Iā??m really not sure how much water I should be giving them. I know I should only water them when they are very dry, but I donā??t know how much water I should give them? Iā??m currently only giving each plant approc 1/2 cup of water every other day.
    Iā??m currently using the 18/6 timing for the lights. I have an extractor fan and a fan at the bottom of my grow space. There is also fresh air entering my grow room which you can see to the right of the photo.
    You can also see the bigger pots I have also noticed the tips of the little leafs have started to go a little yellow. The temperature in the grow room goes from 17 Celsius to 28 Celsius throughout the day. The light is approx 6 inches from the plants. The seeds were planted into the fibre pots 9 days ago.
    When my plants are ready for the flowering stage I will transfer them to the flowering area which has a HPS 400 watt light.
    In the last 2 days I planted my seedlings into the bigger pots. I just made a hole big enough in the big pot and dropped in my seedlings which were in their fibre pots. i covered most of the stem with clay.

The seedlings really do look as if they have not grown at all in the last 7 days. And they are under a cfl 125 watt. I have an hps 400 watt ready but I thought I wasnā??t supposed to use that light for at least another few weeks when Iā??m ready to switched to flowering 12/12. The cfl is within 6 inches of the plants, and temp is usually between 20 and 28 day and night
    I would really appreciate any help, with my ladies. The plants are 13 days old..

Am i doing anything wrong? Should i notice more growth? Should i move them to under the 400 watt HPS light at such an early stage?
    Thanks in advance, please help.
    Aidosmoke
    aidosmoke Reviewed by aidosmoke on . first grow white widow First grow, white widow feminized seeds ,help needed. This is my first attempt at growing. Please see the attached photos. I germinated the seeds using the paper towel method which appeared to have gone ok. I initially had my seeds under a little plastic Propagator and they made rapid progress. However when I relocated the seeds to my grow room which were planted in fibre pots (see photos) and placed them under my 125 watt CFl they appear to have stalled. The only think which has happened Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

first grow white widow

well, I've never grown from seed....always work with clones. But I would have let them get bigger before pulling them out of the propagator. They are really young and might need more time to get strong.

Also, the pots you put them in are kind of big for just a seedling. Usually, you want it to be around 4-5" when you repot.

What do you mean by "covered the stem with clay"?

Good choice on strains though.....WW is one of my favorites! :jointsmile:

first grow white widow

CFL's have poor light penetration so you want to get your CFL's much closer than 6". I try to keep mine within an inch of the top of my plants, if that makes you nervous aim for 1-3".

first grow white widow

It's a soil grow yes? Those pots are too big. The plants appear to be stalled because the roots are now stretching. Once it builds out the root system it will start growing above ground. A smaller pot would promote more balanced growth above and below ground. Not sure that you should move it now though likely you could.

first grow white widow

Hi

Thanks folks for your advice and assistance with my first grow. Since I posted last I have noticed each of my three plants have developed another two leaves. I moved the light (125 CFL) closer to the plants and I have re-arranged my pots so they are closer to the light. As the pots are quite large itā??s difficult to get them into the perfect position. I will certainly pick a smaller pot for my next grow.
    I will continue with the 18/6 lighting and water only when required. I have nutrients for seedlings when should I start including this with their water.
    Thanks again for your help, Iā??m sure Iā??ll be back with more questions!