Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1683 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Be free, fight back, and live.

I believe that all of us people, all who are in a world with so many restaints and distactions of the mind, need to escape. We need to gather and share the power of our minds and the want for change. We need a revolution, and it is possible. We need to assemble the people and practice civil disobedience. We need to share out awareness with our peers though art and music. I'm going down south and buying a plot of land. I will be self sustained and focus on my art and music and be one with the Earth. I don't want to be alone. Before I go I want to gather people who share a similar mind set and we will live, all equal and free. Any imput on this?
    highasarobin Reviewed by highasarobin on . Be free, fight back, and live. I believe that all of us people, all who are in a world with so many restaints and distactions of the mind, need to escape. We need to gather and share the power of our minds and the want for change. We need a revolution, and it is possible. We need to assemble the people and practice civil disobedience. We need to share out awareness with our peers though art and music. I'm going down south and buying a plot of land. I will be self sustained and focus on my art and music and be one with the Rating: 5
    The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.e., the class which is the ruling material force of society, is at the same time its ruling intellectual force.
    -Karl Marx

2.   Advertisements

Better add 'focusing on growing your food' to your list. That takes a lot of time and work. Hard to appreciate your artistic side when you're worn out from working your garden.

I'm not trying to pop your bubble, but what you suggest sounds pretty much like the communes of the Sixties and Seventies. Those didn't work out real well because too many folks were getting high and screwing off and not enough were doing the actual work.

Communes are good in theory, but no so great in practice.

JMHO

Sounds boring as shit to me unless You have no choice like in anarchy or someshit where survival is priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Trip06
    Sounds boring as shit to me unless You have no choice like in anarchy or someshit where survival is priority.

that should be all there is. there should be no babying people on the mass scale.

NBatural selection. if you cant take care of yourself, you shouldnt even BE ALLOWED to expect anyone else to, since that is in, and of itself, a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlazer
    Better add 'focusing on growing your food' to your list. That takes a lot of time and work. Hard to appreciate your artistic side when you're worn out from working your garden.

I'm not trying to pop your bubble, but what you suggest sounds pretty much like the communes of the Sixties and Seventies. Those didn't work out real well because too many folks were getting high and screwing off and not enough were doing the actual work.

Communes are good in theory, but no so great in practice.

JMHO
    Yes that's obviously an important aspect, but I think I can appreciate my artistic side even more while being one with nature. Maybe you couldn't do it, well probably most people couldn't do it, but that makes me want to do it even more. I say fuck the major corporations that abuse their animals to make money. I say fuck being lazy and handing my mind to the television. Fuck the flow of society. People lived like that all their lives and didn't think twice about it. They worked hard and appreciated what they got. What is so wrong with that? I think it's sad that so many people are comfortable with this materialistic, easy life. How can one truly find themselves in a world eith so many distractions?
    The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.e., the class which is the ruling material force of society, is at the same time its ruling intellectual force.
    -Karl Marx

Quote Originally Posted by highasarobin
    Yes that's obviously an important aspect,
    Being self sufficient means growing your own food. This is not just an important aspect, it is a basic survival aspect. Shirk in the Summer, starve in the Winter.

Yes you can appreciate your artistic side as you become one with nature, but it sounds like that is your main focus and all the hard work of growing your food is an "aspect." Usually the folks that overlook the amount of labor necessary for a successful and varied garden are folks that never tried to grow one. Just saying.

I say fuck being lazy and handing my mind to the television.
    Simple. Turn it off and leave it off. I did that many years ago and don't miss it.

How can one truly find themselves in a world with so many distractions?
    Self awareness and peace are a state of mind not a geographical or political location . . . If you feel you have too many distractions, you can simplify without founding a commune.

Exactly. It is survival. So if I were to be put in that situation I would have to figure out a way to produce food, or I would starve. Find a location where the crop can flourish, and live there. Yes it would be hard, I never said it wouldn't be, that's why I want to do it. I lived on a farm and worked on it for hours without any pay. I think it's sad that people can't think that others can break away and do something like this because it would be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlazer
    Self awareness and peace are a state of mind not a geographical or political location . . . If you feel you have too many distractions, you can simplify without founding a commune.
    I do agree with that though. I just think I'd be able to learn a lot about myself while being put in a position like that. I just want to live a different lifestyle than what I'm used to. I want to live many different lifestyles throughout my time.
    -Karl Marx

Exactly. It is survival. So if I were to be put in that situation I would have to figure out a way to produce food, or I would starve. Find a location where the crop can flourish, and live there. Yes it would be hard, I never said it wouldn't be, that's why I want to do it. I lived on a farm and worked on it for hours without any pay. I think it's sad that people can't think that others can break away and do something like this because it would be difficult.
    I didn't say I didn't think you could do it. You most definitely can. As long as you realize it won't be some utopia, but hard work. Satisfying and honest work, but work all the same.

I applaud you for your vision and I hope you are successful. :thumbsup:

Thank you sir
    -Karl Marx

I believe that all of us people, all who are in a world with so many restaints and distactions of the mind, need to escape. We need to gather and share the power of our minds and the want for change. We need a revolution, and it is possible. We need to assemble the people and practice civil disobedience. We need to share out awareness with our peers though art and music. I'm going down south and buying a plot of land. I will be self sustained and focus on my art and music and be one with the Earth. I don't want to be alone. Before I go I want to gather people who share a similar mind set and we will live, all equal and free. Any imput on this?
    I agree. LOVE & LIGHT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast