Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1591 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AUTO CURING JARS

anyone thought about this. i have a good idea, maby... anyone thought of putting an air pump connected to a timer and ran to the bottom of the jar???
    it'd be experimental but please leave your thoughts and opinions on the above and anything about advanced curing. good growing!!!
    420Somehow Reviewed by 420Somehow on . AUTO CURING JARS anyone thought about this. i have a good idea, maby... anyone thought of putting an air pump connected to a timer and ran to the bottom of the jar??? it'd be experimental but please leave your thoughts and opinions on the above and anything about advanced curing. good growing!!! Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

AUTO CURING JARS

An electric Mason jar? I don't see why not. My wife just bought a $100.00 electric mop. She has a closet full of "useful" stuff like that. So I'm sure someone would buy the AutoCure 2000.

I was thinking years ago about a cure-box. Along the same lines as a humidor, but bring the humidity down in a measured manner with a computer controlling the dry and cure. But I know next to nothing about how to build one. (being a woodcrafter, I could build a bitchen box though, lol)

But, Mason jars work fine and are cheap.

$100.00 for a friggin electric mop...<sigh>

I wasn't kidding about the boxes... These just need some final touches, hinges, (home-made wooden hinges) and Tung oil.

AUTO CURING JARS

LOL... sorry rusty but I cant help but laugh. So does it mop for her? It must make breakfast and let the dogs out too.

Im just messing with ya!

A computer controlled cure sounds awesome but would probably be way too expensive for me.

Oh wow nice dovetail work! I know where im ordering my next breadbox from :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: everything I post and say are lies. I am simply roleplaying. All photos were found on the internet and/or fake!! I do not grow or use anything illegal.

AUTO CURING JARS

I can really respect the person that can craft wood so baddass. well, here it is in more detail. i bought an 8 outlet air pump with adjustable flow for the ebb and grow system. fortunatly for me i found out on this forum i do not need it. i was picturing trying to stick 6-8 lbs in jars to cure, then opening all the dam things 4-6 times a day. so 2.5 gallon mason jars with 2 holes in the lid, one for the air hose to enter and be pushed all the way down to the bottom to push the fresh air up through the buds and out the other hole, which could have a filter of sort so it's more of a one way vent. i'd need a few hygrometers for a couple random jars and then it would be trial and error tweaking the timing, frequency, and air flow. i'd split the 8 into 16 and run 16 jars, is that realistic, a 1/2 lb per 2.5g jar? maby you can make that box automated with a humidity control and mini fan. my other option is to build a cruing room. it would need to be completely sealed i'm sure with some intake/exhaust conrtol by temp and RH. any ideas about how to go about that one, being as you're a helluva carpenter.
    gotta keep them women happy or you'll be miserable, right? i have a dry box build thread that has pics of what would need to be the dry/cure room, any ideas???? i'm a noobe and still haven't found my nitch so i'm more willing to experiment with good ideas to figure crap out.

AUTO CURING JARS

Here's a one gallon Mason jar. If memory serves me, it was a pound of Trainwreck. (for a neighbor :thumbsup
    Growing in the 15 gallon pots is some PokerFace. (heavily indica)

AUTO CURING JARS

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Trichome
    Here's a one gallon Mason jar. If memory serves me, it was a pound of Trainwreck. (for a neighbor :thumbsup
    Growing in the 15 gallon pots is some PokerFace. (heavily indica)
    Beautiful plants, look just like some of mine. 15 gallon pots? LOL I'm only using 5gal. Btw, I can only fit a little over a quarter pound of rock hard nugs in a 1/2 gallon jar. I couldn't imagine more than a half pound ever fitting in a gallon jar.

hook a little dehumidifer up in a wood box and adjust the humidity a couple times a week throughout the curing process.

AUTO CURING JARS

It may well have been a half. I was just entertaining my buddy and he broke-out his personal until my neighbor got home to pick hers up...but we didn't talk his shop, we talked mine. :thumbsup:

Some woods don't handle the humidity well.

AUTO CURING JARS

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Trichome

Some woods don't handle the humidity well.
    what woods would you recommend for a 2'x2'x4' curing box?

AUTO CURING JARS

Quote Originally Posted by 420Somehow
    i was picturing trying to stick 6-8 lbs in jars to cure,.
    back when i used to harvest that much i would do the early cure [large stems attached] in big rubbermaids.final cure[after finish trim] was done in large "pickle" jars.i'd guess 3 gal that held app. 1lb.i never had to open anything 4-6 times a day but i guess a small exhaust fan on a 15 minute timer/humidstat cut into the lid of the rubbermaid[or wood cure box] could have saved a little work.BTW i controlled the temps of the room [75degrees] that i dried/cured in.

AUTO CURING JARS

Quote Originally Posted by seventhchild
    what woods would you recommend for a 2'x2'x4' curing box?
    The woods shown are padauk and cherry. No good for high humidity. Most hardwoods have a natural antibiotic, but mold still forms.
    Spanish cedar is the best. Resists mold and is widely used in humidors. Do not use aromatic cedar if you are planning on making one. It will overpower the bud flavor.

For initial drying you don't want to keep them in a tightly closed or confined area. (like a closed box) Airflow is a must, especially if you are in a humid region. I use unwaxed grocery bags, and 'fluff' the buds a couple of times a day till ready for curing jars. (top flap just folded-over loosely using it's natural crease) Controls the drying in a region known for it's arid climate. (it's a dry heat) The paper bag retains some of the moisture, but gases can still escape.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast