Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1712 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

AUTO CURING JARS

i like the rubbermaid idea as they're large, stackable and durable(i aqlmost put unfragile, is that even a word???). but the early cuts that i've been playing with seemed to smell real funny in the plastic med jar i was trying to cure in. my resources are very limited as everything went into getting this project off the ground, so i'm stuck with the shed and a heater at night for now and maby the rubermaids, how long did you go for in each phase? instead a large wood box with a dehu, what about a plastic lined room with a dehu and exhaust??? worth trying?
    pic is of early pickens.

2.   Advertisements

AUTO CURING JARS

Well, I use a couple of methods, depending on how quick I need it done, or what the local weather is.

If humid out, or if I'm out of meds...I'll harvest the plant and dis-assemble all larger buds from stalks and branches and place them on a cookie sheet. Into a pre-heated oven on dehumidify. (or 150 degrees f.) for a couple/few of 10 minute periods, 'fluffing' it every 5 minutes or so. Once the outside of the buds are a little crispy, I let 'em cool and shove 'em into glass jars and tightly close the lid. Then, I open the jars daily and remove the contents for 5-10 minutes, then return 'em to the jar. Takes about a week, and they are done enough to thoroughly enjoy.

If an arid season, or no hurry, I'll harvest, dis-assemble, and place in an unwaxed grocery bag, opening it for 10-20 minutes daily to let the gasses escape and to rearrange the buds. (for even drying) Once outsides of buds are somewhat crispy, Into the Mason jars they go. The next day when you open the jar for venting, the buds should be a tad moist to the touch. (slightly too moist to smoke) After a few days of this the buds will be ready, but some folks keep a slower cure going for a longer period. Often, to the point of overkill.

Putting buds that are too moist into a confined space, (tupperware or mason jars) you'll retain that grassy smell. This isn't "curing", it's "molding", lol.

Unnecessary to hang upside down unless you own a curing barn with adjustable venting to control rate of drying. It's a wives tale that hanging upside-down runs the resins back into the leaves, and it's quite inconvienent to work around, if you are in a limited space. The reason farmers did it was to control dry time evenly throughout the crop before bailing it up. In Mexico, the norm was to harvest, stack, (for a couple of days) bale and ship. Experiment and see what works for you, but don't forget the buds in the oven. :jointsmile:

AUTO CURING JARS

Love the wood box making, very nice, Rusty. And the idea for the pump with the jars sounds good. It seems like you already have the right idea - timed air pump to the jar. But the idea of a humidity and temp controlled dry box is what I have been thinking about lately (and how I found this thread). I have a few ideas that I think would make it work nice and would require very little components (a.k.a cheap to produce). Let me know if you want to try building something like this for production.

AUTO CURING JARS

Quote Originally Posted by 420Somehow
    anyone thought about this. i have a good idea, maby... anyone thought of putting an air pump connected to a timer and ran to the bottom of the jar???
    it'd be experimental but please leave your thoughts and opinions on the above and anything about advanced curing. good growing!!!
    They have rhese new two way humidipacks made by brovio or some thing ..they make several humidity levle packs..62% is the one for weed...they atomicly add or take away humidity to maintain 62% ..there cannasters cald c-valts that use them ...auto pefect cure..im gunna try just the packs in gallon jars...but check them out...

AUTO CURING JARS

I have nothing to add in regard to curing....yet. But these are soooo lovely and well crafted I had to comment, AND ask a question. Well...maybe 2. Do you sell those online? If not, you should. (( I do understand doing things for the simple pleasure of it, so if not, I get that vibe 100%.)) I have a little creativity in me too, and people are always telling me to sell stuff, and it annoys me lol yet here I am doing it to you
    I have not gotten near to reading up on curing yet. So I need, or will need a jar, or box to cure?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12