Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1591 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Seed sprout in 6 hours

Hello,

I was soaking a seed yesterday and I checked them later and one seed had sprouted from it's shell and all in around 6 hours. Has anyone else seen this? Will the plant be normal? Funny thing is I thought that seed would not crack at all because it was kind off different looking.
    skhatz01 Reviewed by skhatz01 on . Seed sprout in 6 hours Hello, I was soaking a seed yesterday and I checked them later and one seed had sprouted from it's shell and all in around 6 hours. Has anyone else seen this? Will the plant be normal? Funny thing is I thought that seed would not crack at all because it was kind off different looking. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Seed sprout in 6 hours

My guess is that the seed cracked in the bud. In humid or rainy areas it is not uncommon to have enough moisture for the undropped seed to crack (germinate) in the bud. That's what you have. I don't think it will grow.

But I could be wrong...

Seed sprout in 6 hours

That's the thing, it has grown. I checked the seed before I put it in water and I thought it was a little small. Then 6 hours later it has cracked with a root starting to come out. When I put it in the rockwool cube the seed case fell off and there were the two little starter leaves. I am hoping to have some sort of amazingly fast growin plant (superplant) here. To bad it's an Easy Ryder autoflower. If it grows it would be nice to get a good male to cross it with and see how the seeds of those plants do.

Seed sprout in 6 hours

Ummm...if you start breeding-in anomaly's, the quality of your smoke will likely diminish, especially since you don't seem to know the original cause of the mutation. Best to breed for proper strain characteristics and growth patterns. If you do breed mutants, keep them well marked and seperate from your other genetics. (if you have any others)
    Breeding for "weirdness" or "cuteness" can backfire on ya. Use proper care, or risk having to purchase new seeds.