Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1636 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Trichomes and the harvest

Quote Originally Posted by puntacometa
    Ambering can induce a bit of a narcotic effect to the experience. Early cut (clear trichomes) can enhance the properties in some strains that make them prone to induce anxiety/paranoia. Definitely not a good thing for patients who are dealing with PTSD related problems.
    Yea some1 I knew was complaining that his first grow wasnt good and he pretty much gave growing up just thinking he didnt have what it takes. I asked him what was wrong with it, what happened. He said he smoked it and the high was too racey and made him paranoid. I tried to tell him that it was probably because he harvested too early but he acted like I didnt know what I was talking about then because I was a novice grower at the time. The more I think about it Im sure I was right

Quote Originally Posted by puntacometa
    Because it takes a good eye and experience to know the opimal time to cut and the waiting can add an extra 10 days to the flowering cycle. ....plus you've got to watch them carefully. I prefer to cut when the trichomes are cloudy with just a beginning tinge of amber. It's tricky......amber means that the trichomes are a bit past full maturity and are starting to degrade. As far as potency is concerned, this is also dependent on a proper curing environment and taking the time to do it instead of rushing it out the door. A two month + curing process can make a huge (and positive) difference relative to potency.
    I also watch the pistils to turn color. As they die and dry out, the pistils coming up out of the calyx-ovaries turn color. Some go red, others go orange. This is truely a beautiful thing. As they die off, they are no longer viable to get that plant pregnant and to me that means that that flower bud is definately ready to be harvested. As the Pistils die out, the trichomes do too.

Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice: Do this trichomes look ready to you?

Attachment 294271Attachment 294272Attachment 294273

Thanks for your comments.

Depends on the effect your going for. If your going for a high energetic buzz, yes. If you want to smoke and then pass out, no. Personally, I would harvest this now, I like about 90% cloudy and 10% maturing - some like 90% cloudy and 10% amber, others like more amber... so you harvest to taste.

5.   Advertisements

Thanks a lot.

Probably I'll wait a bit more. Maybe more amber trichs would be nice.

Thanks again for the input.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345