Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1328 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Upcoming test.

Sorry so many questions, but now that I'm on this substitution route(assuming I can get a donor), I'm wondering if any of the testing places monitor in any way. Again this is pre-employment. Last time I did one at this clinic, I was in the bathroom by myself. I'm wondering about hidden cameras or 2 way mirrors.

2.   Advertisements

Upcoming test.

Temp looked to be around 92 deg. after my first "test round" using a collection vial and collection cup from a home test. Thats using the thermometer strip that comes on the cup.

Upcoming test.

1 last update. Tucked test water sample is reading 93 with pants and 2 pairs of underwear and sitting on it for 30+min. Direct void read 95.

Upcoming test.

Quote Originally Posted by bluewildangel
    Sorry so many questions, but now that I'm on this substitution route(assuming I can get a donor), I'm wondering if any of the testing places monitor in any way. Again this is pre-employment. Last time I did one at this clinic, I was in the bathroom by myself. I'm wondering about hidden cameras or 2 way mirrors.
    ....From the regulations mandated by the DHHS:

D. Direct Observed Collection

A direct observed collection procedure may only be used when:

1. A Federal agency has authorized a direct observed collection because a donorâ??s previous drug test result was reported by an MRO as drug positive, negative and dilute, adulterated, substituted, or invalid, or

2. An immediate collection of a second urine specimen is required in one of the following situations:

The temperature of the specimen collected during a routine collection is outside the acceptable temperature range.

There is an indication that the donor has tampered with the specimen (e.g., abnormal physical characteristic such as unusual color, excessive foaming when shaken, unusual odor).

The donor has intentionally brought to the collection site an item that could be used to:
    - Adulterate (e.g., a small vial containing a suspicious liquid),
    - Substitute (e.g., a small vial containing water or other liquid), or
    - Dilute a urine specimen.

Before conducting a direct observed collection, the collector must make the agency representative aware that a situation exists warranting a direct observed collection and explain to the donor why a direct observed collection is being conducted. If the donor declines to allow a direct observed collection when one of the above circumstances has occurred, it is considered a refusal to test (see Chapter 8, Section B).

The procedure for a direct observed collection is the same as that for a routine collection except an observer watches the donor urinate into the collection container. At the point in a routine collection where the donor enters the restroom with the collection container (see Section C, Step 10), a direct observed collection includes the following additional steps:

§ The observer must be the same gender as the donor. There are no exceptions to this requirement. The individual serving as the direct observer enters the restroom with the donor.

§ The observer must directly watch the urine go from the donorâ??s body into the collection container. The use of mirrors or video cameras is not permitted.

§ With regard to chain of custody, the observer must never touch or handle the collection container unless the observer is also serving as the collector.

Upcoming test.

I love you. How about the temp range? Went and bought a digi thermometer some heat packs some condoms. Taking test around 3:00 pm est. Gonna do some test runs. Getting a sample now from a buddy. I was saddened this morning when my first choice for a donor came into work saying "man I have the worsst Scotch hangover"... Heart sank. lol Another bud is hooking me up now. Going to get 2 2oz containers full if he can. This is enough I assume?

Upcoming test.

###TEST TIME UPDATE###
    Ok so. Ended up getting 2 2oz containers from a clean donor. Did a few test runs with the sample and a well rinsed, non-lubricated condom a couple hours before testing. Decided to use a little hand warmer between the two layers of underroos since test runs were showing 95-96 on digi thermometer. Used N2s recommendation of placement. Tucked it way up under there. Also used the twist and wrap method with a twisty tie(so glad I did I'll explain why). Nothing leaked. Practiced walking around, getting in and out of my car. Test time I have to empty my pockets etc. Picked up donation cup. Started to void in toilet, stopped a few sec in to simulate voiding into the cup. finished void into toilet. Not the scary part. Untucked my sample. Hands were shaking so bad and I've very glad I didn't have to untie a knot in the condom. That would have been disastrous! Fumbled with it a bit worried I was about to dump it all over the floor then emptied sample into donor cup. Looked at temp but I guess I was too nervous to register the actual temp. I just know it light up about in the center of the temp. strip. Shoved empty condom back in underwear(DO NOT LET IT FALL OUT). Zipped up, opened door and the attendant took the sample. Took a look at temp, attached something to cup not sure, and sealed it up. Had me initial the top. Signed a couple things and he sent me on my way. As I was walking out, I felt the hand warmer fall down into my pants leg! I about crapped my pants. Didn't fall out though. Not sure anyone was watching but.. You Have to be careful! I was so so nervous. Without doing extensive reading and re-reading of the threads here, I would have been sunk because thats all I could really think about! I really appreciate the help here! I plan to hang around and do what I can to help out. Im not sure if I'm going to take up smoking again tho. I don't know if I can handle that stress again! Assuming the sample was clean, you think this was a pass? He said the employer would get results 24-48 hours.
    About 3 tons were lighted off my shoulders this afternoon. About a 1/4 ton still there considering I didn't get results. Feeling pretty good about it.:thumbsup:

Upcoming test.

i am glad it worked out for you man, i know the first time i subbed i had the shaking hand syndrome also. I made sure to not only pee in the toilet, but a few drops on the floor. Just wanted to give the collector something to do when i left. :hippy:

Upcoming test.

you probably passed man.
    very happy that it went well for u.
    im probably going to be as nervous as u on my first sub!!!

Upcoming test.

If the specimen was in fact clean, then you passed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12