Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1710 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

DOTA (Defense of the Ancients)

Hey are there any people out there that play this game?

I just tried Warcraft DOTA yesterday and have to say I don't get what's so great about it. I don't understand why someone wouldn't just want to play a regular game.

So, does anybody else play this game? What's the appeal?

Maybe I don't like it because I'm not good at it and don't understand all of the rules and what not...
    stickyWoman Reviewed by stickyWoman on . DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) Hey are there any people out there that play this game? I just tried Warcraft DOTA yesterday and have to say I don't get what's so great about it. I don't understand why someone wouldn't just want to play a regular game. So, does anybody else play this game? What's the appeal? Maybe I don't like it because I'm not good at it and don't understand all of the rules and what not... Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Well it was a side game for me at first. When I didn't feel like microing everything I would play DotA it was a lot more relaxing. Then I got competitive into it and there actually is a lot more to the game when you are dealing with new strategy each patch and having to practice certain lineups with your team.

I used to love getting some friends together to run a DotA map. Like Boner says, even though it's technically a mod for WCIII, the champion-centric combat means you don't have to micromanage everything, and you get faster gameplay. It can be a ton of fun. There's a stand-alone DotA II that should be out by sometime next year (not being developed by Blizzard), I think. A lot of folks are really excited about it.