Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1437 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Re-Test, Will it be observed? MRO says sample diluted.

I took a UA a few days ago, got a call the next business day, MRO says the sample is diluted and the test was canceled.

The UA was taken with an Escreen Ecup machine, although I dont remember the collector ever putting the Ecup in the machine, only packaging to be shipped to the lab.

Got a call from the employers asking me to retake the test.

My question is,

When retaking a test, should the employer let you know if it will be observed?

The Escreen form emailed to me looks identical to the one from the first test. Doesn't make any mention of any observation.

I've been reading MRO handbooks, and it has me worried that the test might be observed. Anyone with experience with this matter?
    PassThatDoj Reviewed by PassThatDoj on . Re-Test, Will it be observed? MRO says sample diluted. I took a UA a few days ago, got a call the next business day, MRO says the sample is diluted and the test was canceled. The UA was taken with an Escreen Ecup machine, although I dont remember the collector ever putting the Ecup in the machine, only packaging to be shipped to the lab. Got a call from the employers asking me to retake the test. My question is, When retaking a test, should the employer let you know if it will be observed? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

This is for a customer service job, so non-DOT or driving position.

I just had to deal with a similar situation, and in my experience, the retest wasn't observed. YMMV, however.

I'm sure somebody on here will correct me if my logic is faulty, but it seems to me that even if the sample is diluted, you're still dealing with a presumption of innocence and a corresponding right of privacy. Even if they do try to observe it, you can still sub if you just pitch a fit about being pee-shy and demand some privacy. When ours came back diluted, we decided to sub with Quick Fix 5.7 and it worked like a charm. I'd definitely recommend that route.

Quote Originally Posted by SWIZ420
    I just had to deal with a similar situation, and in my experience, the retest wasn't observed. YMMV, however.

I'm sure somebody on here will correct me if my logic is faulty, but it seems to me that even if the sample is diluted, you're still dealing with a presumption of innocence and a corresponding right of privacy. Even if they do try to observe it, you can still sub if you just pitch a fit about being pee-shy and demand some privacy. When ours came back diluted, we decided to sub with Quick Fix 5.7 and it worked like a charm. I'd definitely recommend that route.
    Thanks for the input. Thats what I'll end up doing.

I'm also going to use the dilution method as a back up. Im going to pick up some quick fix and work on N2s method.

If they decide to watch me pee, I'll just have to give them a real sample.

I havent smoked in like 4 days, and before that I smoked a few times in the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by PassThatDoj
    Thanks for the input. Thats what I'll end up doing.

I'm also going to use the dilution method as a back up. Im going to pick up some quick fix and work on N2s method.

If they decide to watch me pee, I'll just have to give them a real sample.

I havent smoked in like 4 days, and before that I smoked a few times in the last few weeks.
    There are other devices designed specifically for use in an observed test. Search the forum. You'll find lots of suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by PassThatDoj
    I took a UA a few days ago, got a call the next business day, MRO says the sample is diluted and the test was canceled.

Got a call from the employers asking me to retake the test.
    If it is a DOT than i know for a fact that they will watch you piss. Well they are supposed to anyway. PROOF pay close attention to the line "follow up"!!!

oh and btw, i am semi-new here, have been lurking for years though. its nice to meet everybody, really! peace:hippy: