Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1560 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

STRAND? WTF?

When did we start referring to STRAINS as strands? When did we put aside our education and forget about proper terminology? Why do dispensaries use sex to advertise their products like at the cannabis convention? Why does every one complain that the government does not take us seriously? How could they when we can not act professional and speak properly? I have never seen a pharmaceutical company use girls in provocative attire to sell their poison, is that not who we are competing with? So I ask all WTF?

STRAIN......1. The collective descendants of a common ancestor; a race, stock, line, or breed.
    2. Any of the various lines of ancestry united in an individual or a family; ancestry or lineage.
    3. Biology A group of organisms of the same species, having distinctive characteristics but not usually considered a separate breed or variety: a superior strain of wheat; a smooth strain of bacteria.
    4. An artificial variety of a domestic animal or cultivated plant.
    5. A kind or sort: imaginings of a morbid strain.

STRAND......strand 1 (strand)
    n.
    The land bordering a body of water; a beach.
    v. strand·ed, strand·ing, strands
    v.tr.
    1. To drive or run ashore or aground.
    2. To bring into or leave in a difficult or helpless position: The convoy was stranded in the desert.
    3. Baseball To leave (a base runner) on base at the end of an inning.
    4. Linguistics To separate (a grammatical element) from other elements in a construction, either by moving it out of the construction or moving the rest of the construction. In the sentence What are you aiming at, the preposition at has been stranded.
    v.intr.
    1. To be driven or run ashore or aground.
    2. To be brought into or left in a difficult or helpless position.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    strand 2 (strnd)
    n.
    1. A complex of fibers or filaments that have been twisted together to form a cable, rope, thread, or yarn.
    a. A single filament, such as a fiber or thread, of a woven or braided material.
    b. A wisp or tress of hair.
    3. Something that is plaited or twisted as a ropelike length: a strand of pearls; a strand of DNA.
    4. One of the elements woven together to make an intricate whole, such as the plot of a novel.
    tr.v. strand·ed, strand·ing, strands
    1. To make or form (a rope, for example) by twisting strands together.
    2. To break a strand of (a rope, for example).

SO I ASK YOU AGAIN WTF?

I have been a patient and caregiver since it all started in the state, I still have my first card #000035, and I have been care giving for just as long. I have weathered all the changes and I can honestly say out of all the dispensaries in this state only 5% are actually doing it right and professionally.

Just wanted to rant about this, all opinions welcome, but remember what they say about opinions.
    Klonzinc Reviewed by Klonzinc on . STRAND? WTF? When did we start referring to STRAINS as strands? When did we put aside our education and forget about proper terminology? Why do dispensaries use sex to advertise their products like at the cannabis convention? Why does every one complain that the government does not take us seriously? How could they when we can not act professional and speak properly? I have never seen a pharmaceutical company use girls in provocative attire to sell their poison, is that not who we are competing with? So I Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

STRAND? WTF?

What the fuck is this dood talking about ??? :jointsmile:

STRAND? WTF?

I apologize for my previous uses of the word strand. It's just that I usually type from my "smart" phone that doesn't recognize strain and it will automatically put in the closest spelling word that it has on file..because it's..you know....smart?

STRAND? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Klonzinc
    When did we start referring to STRAINS as strands?
    Haha, I've seen the term "strand" used pretty frequently on the board.
    I thought it was a typo.

STRAND? WTF?

I'm guessing they're borrowing strand from "strand of DNA" which are very long and complex?

STRAND? WTF?

the highways 420 place in lafayette calls strains strands. they say it out loud, too.

Menu/Prices

it's a credibility killer.

they are very nice people, but also very expensive.
    Colorado patient grower. :rambohead:

STRAND? WTF?

Ha, CraigsList is the worst, all these dispensaries typing like 12 year-old girls in CAPS with horrible spelling... And yeah, I've seen "strand" too many times to count. It always knocks them down a peg to me when I see that, I'm just less likely to stop by. One of them has a spelling error on their "sign" (it's a banner) -- "Remedy's of the Millenium". I ride past it coming home from work every day and see their $30 8th ads on CL but can't get past the sign haha...

STRAND? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by MMJinColorado
    Ha, CraigsList is the worst, all these dispensaries typing like 12 year-old girls in CAPS with horrible spelling... And yeah, I've seen "strand" too many times to count. It always knocks them down a peg to me when I see that, I'm just less likely to stop by. One of them has a spelling error on their "sign" (it's a banner) -- "Remedy's of the Millenium". I ride past it coming home from work every day and see their $30 8th ads on CL but can't get past the sign haha...
    A Mile High Alternative is just a few blocks south of there on the E side and they advertise 25/8th. No idea on quality or strain selection.

STRAND? WTF?

you think the gov is a group of people we need to model ourself after? i'd rather deal with a down to earth person over a stuck up prick any day. i have to say i see more of the latter on these types of boards.which in it's self is odd being that the people on these boards are supposed to be the laid back hippie types.my my how the times have changed.

STRAND? WTF?

They can call it shit for all I care, I just wish it was legal where I am:thumbsup::jointsmile:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast