Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1356 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TIMELINES: Applications and personal production license information

Hello Folks!

I am probably not the ONLY one curious about the waiting time for approval for MCP cards and personal production license approvals.

I am creating an area where individuals can help assist others by letting us all know how long it took for your approval for the medical cannabis program (MCP) AND the length of time it took for you to obtain your personal production license (PPL) from the DOH.

Some people, myself included, are probably curious as to just how long it takes for your approvals and any issues you had with the process.

This thread will hopefully assist people that are involved in the "waiting game" and those that are traveling down this road. It will give everyone an insight into just what to expect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPLICATION DATE FOR MCP (Medical Cannabis Program):

APPROVAL DATE (MCP):

ISSUES WITH MCP:

APPLICATION FOR PPL (Personal Production License) DATE:

APPROVAL DATE (PPL):

ISSUES WITH PPL:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** Please utilize this format so that it makes it easier for people to understand what to expect.

EXAMPLE:

APPLICATION DATE FOR MCP (Medical Cannabis Program): XX April 2010

APPROVAL DATE (MCP): XX May 2010

ISSUES WITH MCP: Were you disapproved? Did you receive information from the state DOH via email or phone?

APPLICATION FOR PPL (Personal Production License) DATE: XX April 2010

APPROVAL DATE (PPL): XX May 2010

ISSUES WITH PPL: Were you disapproved? Did the state give any information as to why you were disapproved? Were there any delays? Were you subsequently approved after a resubmittal?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember, New Mexico is one of the newest states to allow cannabis to be utilized in someone's treatment program for conditions that ail them. EVERYONE residing in NM has to deal with the current state laws that we live under. Our situation is unique to US and hopefully by contributing to this thread, others within the state can gain an insight on what to expect.

This forum is specifically dedicated to fellow New Mexicans and issues that they have. By relaying your experiences with the MCP, you can help others that are in a similar situation as you once were or are currently experiencing!

The other reason for contributing to this thread is that this information can be presented to our legislators to help illustrate the current/potential issues with this program. I am POSITIVE that some of the people involved in the MCP simply do not know the issues that patients are going through....delays in MCP/PPL processing.

Thanks for your time and hopefully the information will prove helpful for others that are in the same situation!!!!

Cheers,

Sandia
    Sandia Reviewed by Sandia on . TIMELINES: Applications and personal production license information Hello Folks! I am probably not the ONLY one curious about the waiting time for approval for MCP cards and personal production license approvals. I am creating an area where individuals can help assist others by letting us all know how long it took for your approval for the medical cannabis program (MCP) AND the length of time it took for you to obtain your personal production license (PPL) from the DOH. Some people, myself included, are probably curious as to just how long it takes for Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

You prpbably don't want me to fill this info out........it took me over a year.

probably^ that is.

i dont know exact dates or anything like that but it took me a while to get my card not becasue of the nmdoh but because of my pain doc...After about a year of trying medication after medication i finally said enough and my do finally signed the paper work. Sent it in i would say around the middle to end of jan and recived my card around then 15thish of febuary the date on my card is feb 9th.... So from the time i sent in my application in snail mail it took i would say about 2 weeks. At that time i was stil debating growing it myself for many reasons. So when i decided to grow myself i sent in the application and i waould say 2-3 weeks later i reecived my license to grow. All in all from the time i submitted the application it was not to long of a wait. I dont know if this is helpfull since i dont remember exact dates and such but this is my best estimate.
    [SIZE=\"2\"][COLOR=\"Red\"]PILLS KILL.. POT HEALS...**

**VOTE DIANE DENISH IF YOU SUPPORT THE MEDICAL USE OF MARIJUANA.**

VOTE FOR SUSANA MARTINEZ IF YOU WANT TO CAUSE THE SICK TO SUFFER WITHOUT RELIEF.

IF YOU BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE WITH AIDS AND CANCER
    SHOULD BE JAILED FOR TAKING THEIR DOCTOR RECOMMENDED MEDICINE... THEN BY ALL MEANS..

VOTE FOR MARTINEZ.. BUT IF YOU GIVE A DAMN ABOUT PATIENTS\' RIGHTS, THEN VOTE WITH YOUR HEART, AND VOTE FOR COMPASSION.

A VOTE FOR DENISH IS A VOTE FOR REFORM.
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thanks Mama.....The doctor recommendations seem like they are holding a few people back. The good thing is that now, aside from Cool's issues, they seem to be moving as well as can be expected.

As far as the wait time from submission to approval....we can be thankful here in NM because our neighbors to the north seem to have a much longer wait on the order of several months according to some posts in the Colorado section.

It took me a year just to find 2 doctors that would sign. Not an easy thing to do in the southeast part of the state. After that, I sent off my paperwork, but I forgot to include my ID. After two weeks, I got a letter stating they needed my ID to start the processing on my paperwork. 2 more weeks after I sent that off, I had a nice shiny new card ( which looked liked some kid made it in graphics art class)

a friend of mine got his card in just about 3 weeks. about a week later he got his license to grow. there was some sort of mix-up, and they weren't sent at the same time...

Once I got the paperwork in it only took 3 weeks. But I was denied a producer's license. They didn't give a reason. I had to inquire with them to get a round-about idea of why I was denied. I've applied a second time. I have no idea how it will turn out. I received my card in early March and to this day there is no medical Cannabis available. Not enough dispensaries.

Thanks folks! From reading on the forums here it appears that the current time is about two to three weeks for folks once they have submitted their apps.

Keep the info flowing folks....it will give new people a rough guesstimate on how long it will take.

Agreed Sam....there are simply NOT ENOUGH producers out there. Damned if I know the hold up as I do not entirely believe that ALL of the applications have some sort of "paperwork" problem with them.

APPLICATION DATE FOR MCP (Medical Cannabis Program): Jan 2010

APPROVAL DATE (MCP): Feb 2010

ISSUES WITH MCP: None

APPLICATION FOR PPL (Personal Production License) DATE: Jan 2010

APPROVAL DATE (PPL): Feb 2010

ISSUES WITH PPL: None

*It only took me a month to get both the card and medical grow, i guess am kinda lucky.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast