Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1594 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

My first proper grow, starting from scratch but I want to do it right

I just got my card last week and in the process of checking out the local shops I was given a clone. I am hoping to start growing so I would like to get this first plant going as an experiment to see how to do the next batch. So any suggestions on anything is greatly appreciated. I own my own 3 bedroom condo and I lost my job last week so I am anxious to get something going.

Here is my previous grow done in my moms attic lol

Here is my new LA Confidential clone compliments of All Green in Hillcrest, San Diego
    ursine Reviewed by ursine on . My first proper grow, starting from scratch but I want to do it right I just got my card last week and in the process of checking out the local shops I was given a clone. I am hoping to start growing so I would like to get this first plant going as an experiment to see how to do the next batch. So any suggestions on anything is greatly appreciated. I own my own 3 bedroom condo and I lost my job last week so I am anxious to get something going. Here is my previous grow done in my moms attic lol Here is my new LA Confidential clone compliments of All Green Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Hey,

Is that a cfl light in that lamp? you should get it closer... about 3" shoud be good.

I would plant that mofo into a cup or something soon to let the roots get some room.

plants need a wet and a semi-dry period for roots to flourish, they need some air so only water when its almost dry.

http://boards.cannabis.com/growroom-...b-growbox.html

I think that would be good in your case from what I have read, just put that rubbermaid box into a closet and you should be set.

Ok, I am redoing this operation. Can you guys help me fill in the gaps or give me any feedback on brands or products to consider? I am going to use one of the 3 bedrooms in the condo I own to setup this operation. For the most part it will be a conventional ebb and flow system (flood and drain) divided into 2 4x8 trays. I am hoping to yield about 1gram per 1watt. Please all feedback is welcome, I will be pulling the trigger on this in 1 month when 1 of my roommates moves out. I am also guessing I should rip out the carpet in that room before I get to work building the racks for the trays.

I am going to purchase:

$400 - x4 - 1000watt digital ballast
    $150 - x4 - Grow hood
    $100 - x4 - HPS bulb
    $250 - x1 - 10" Vortex fan
    $250 - x2 - 4'x8' flood tray in white
    $350 - x2 - 115gal reservoir tank
    $20 - x3 - Cocotek 8" pots, pack of 10
    $35 - x3 - Cocotek matting
    $35 - x3 - Clay hydro balls
    $50 - x2 - 500gpm pump

Total = around $4,500