Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1567 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How long do you cure your meds?

I have a debate going with a buddy over how long one should cure out their meds before they offer them to the patients, or to dispensaries.

I say they should cure at least 45 to 60 days, minimum once they go into jars.

He feels once they hit the jar (post hanging) they are ready to go.

What do you think?
    McLuvin Reviewed by McLuvin on . How long do you cure your meds? I have a debate going with a buddy over how long one should cure out their meds before they offer them to the patients, or to dispensaries. I say they should cure at least 45 to 60 days, minimum once they go into jars. He feels once they hit the jar (post hanging) they are ready to go. What do you think? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

1. I've microwaved fresh buds and was wreaked...no dry.. no cure...:stoned:

2. I've kept buds in jars, for over a year...and was wreaked ...:stoned:

3. but, I agree with you...45-60 days is probably ideal...:thumbsup:...smooth & slow burning...good strains can handle anything..:jointsmile:

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Pimp
    1. I've microwaved fresh buds and was wreaked...no dry.. no cure...:stoned:

2. I've kept buds in jars, for over a year...and was wreaked ...:stoned:

3. but, I agree with you...45-60 days is probably ideal...:thumbsup:...smooth & slow burning...good strains can handle anything..:jointsmile:
    :jawdropper: Cant give any more rep

Amazing pics soon to have something like that, but growing from seeds is not where i can achieve my goal.

If only i can get cuttings
    :stoned:

Most I give is a couple of weeks cure time.

Quote Originally Posted by superskunk1
    Amazing pics soon to have something like that, but growing from seeds is not where i can achieve my goal.
    If only i can get cuttings [/COLOR]:stoned:
    The pictures are from someone that's been doing this for years, and knows how to grow.

Cuttings won't cure ignorance. Learn to grow with seeds, and you'll have all the cuttings you need.

Learning to grow will help you achieve A goal, but hopefully your goals are not uni-directional. There is more to live than wishing you could grow cannabis, lol. (at least that's what they keep telling me :jointsmile

Rusty has it. It takes 2 weeks for the sugars to convert to THC and CBD. Longer makes no difference if anything it degrades.

The tastiest, stickiest, stoniest buds I can get come from a guy who slow dries his stuff in his basement at 55-65 degrees F and 40-50% humidity for at least two weeks or until branches break when you bend them. He then trims and stores the buds in super large zip locks with a digital hygrometer (humidity meter) and open and closes the bags several times daily until they reach the proper cigar humidity for smoking -- 68-72%. He cures for about 3 weeks depending on environment.

Most digital meters are cheap and run on a watch battery...like these:
    Hygrometers: Cheap Humidors Cigar Humidor Cigar Accessories CheapHumidors.com

At 68-72% humidity the buds are great for the vaporizer. It is nearly impossible to roll a joint however, unless you leave it on the table for a while. I wish I could afford some...

like rusty said 2 weeks is good to get the moisture out, no more. Make shure they are DRY and cool I do mine in the refrigerator that slows the thc conversion. Cured weed is only better than day of harvest weed because there is a better THC to water ratio that gets more of the good stuff into your lungs instead of just water vapor.

i hang mine in a cabinet for approx 1 week in the dark then destem into a paper grocery bag letting them sit in that for a few days to sweat and then into mason jars and they live inside a dark cabinet only getting opened to burp the jars for a few time every other day and after that sealed until used...now some like the weed that makes you gag and cough but i like the smooth flavor and and swwet burning of properly cured meds taking about 3weeks to properly be finished :jointsmile:

2 weeks

1 week in the drying box
    1 week in jars
    done

I go 5-7 days hanging, one week in the jar with a burp every 12 hours, then two days in a jar with a calcium chloride packet to help rip out some extra moisture (I prefer my buds just a little bit on the dry side, I like my bowls to stay lit,) with burping every 4 or so hours to prevent over-dessication. Bud still breaks up but it doesn't turn into powder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast