Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1567 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How long do you cure your meds?

IN MY OPINION:

For me at least 3 months.
    To me the best time to consume is between 4 and 8 months.
    After 8 months the product degrades.

2.   Advertisements

Thank you all for your reply.
    BTW. I won the bet, I didn't get shit, but I WON!!!

I also changed my friends mind. He now agrees that the "slow cure" is the best....

Thanks Again! :thumbsup:

Also, Dutch Pimp, If those jars are full of dank, and not trimmings, then much respect to you. That is freaking awesome!!!!!!

Also, Dutch Pimp, If those jars are full of dank, and not trimmings, then much respect to you. That is freaking awesome!!!!!!
    why would anybody put trimmings in a jar?..:stoned:..(six jars sensi buds...one jar of seeded bud = 200 white widow seeds)..:thumbsup:

ps...the first pic is mine...the second pic is not mine...was just for shits & giggles...:jointsmile:

Quote Originally Posted by McLuvin
    I have a debate going with a buddy over how long one should cure out their meds before they offer them to the patients, or to dispensaries.

I say they should cure at least 45 to 60 days, minimum once they go into jars.

He feels once they hit the jar (post hanging) they are ready to go.

What do you think?
    The buds can be smoked as soon as they are dry. But one will only experience about 80% of the bud's potential at that point.

45-60 days, with proper burping will assure 100% of the bud's potential for potency and taste.

I did a little taste /potency testing during my last cure and I found that about three weeks in a jar was optimum, for both taste and potency. One week or less was rough with poor taste and lower potency , during the second week taste and potency improved , between third and fourth week I felt like taste and potency was at peak, I went on for three months like this, and after the first month the gains from staying in jar were negligible. Taste maybe decreased potency remained the same.

Of course this is all subjective. No scientific study or anything.

I don't smoke the herb until it's been in the jar for a month. I've found some sativas like an even longer cure to get the flavors. My 'problem' is getting the weed smoked before the next grow is ready to smoke.

curing marijuana buds can usually take from 2 weeks up to 6 weeks. i smoke weed not just to get high and have fun but i also smoke for medical purpose. i grow, harvest, dry and cure my buds just like any grower does.. as for me, i cure my buds minimum of 2 weeks and smoke is great.- smooth on the throat and potency is high.. there are times i cure 'em for up to 5 weeks. the longer you cure' em, the better the taste and smoke are

nice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12