Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1551 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

medical marijuana for insomnia???

Hello, i have been suffering from insomnia for a while now. i work in a camp in northern alberta. almost everynight i find it difficult to get to sleep. in some cases i have been without sleep for more then 40 hours. as a recreational user (from time to time) i am curious if a doctor would perscribe medical marijuana for this, as not only do sleeping drugs not work but i dont want to be on anything that is too addictive. my other concern is that the line of work i am in requires drug tests and i assume that medical use of marijana wouldnt prohibit me form working. am i right here? any insite would be helpfull
    canadianguy123 Reviewed by canadianguy123 on . medical marijuana for insomnia??? Hello, i have been suffering from insomnia for a while now. i work in a camp in northern alberta. almost everynight i find it difficult to get to sleep. in some cases i have been without sleep for more then 40 hours. as a recreational user (from time to time) i am curious if a doctor would perscribe medical marijuana for this, as not only do sleeping drugs not work but i dont want to be on anything that is too addictive. my other concern is that the line of work i am in requires drug tests and Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I'm not sure how medical marijuana works with jobs that drug test. I'm lucky enough to have a job that doesn't test. But I would think it would be the same as prescriptions.

As far as Insomnia as a reason for MMJ....I absolutely think that they would give you your recommendation. Insomia is a serious ailment. And if you have tried other meds with no relief, then it only makes sense to try MMJ. Talk to your doctor and see what they can do for you! Good luck! :jointsmile:

If you get your licence also get a RX for Marinol for nausea. This way if they give you an U/A you can warn them it will be hot because of the Marinol.

Also for insomnia I would recommend a vaporizer. Something about them knocks me out. Or black hash made from trimmings extract.

I am not sure about the laws where you live but in Colorado insomnia is not a valid reason for a MMJ licence.

I hope this helps.