Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1635 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Fimming/Topping a clone

All the guides that I have found that show fimming or topping do it on a plant grown from seed that has errrmm.. parallel nodes (not alternating). If you are growing from a clone and have alternating nodes, does topping/fimming still work and where do you cut?
    PhatJay Reviewed by PhatJay on . Fimming/Topping a clone All the guides that I have found that show fimming or topping do it on a plant grown from seed that has errrmm.. parallel nodes (not alternating). If you are growing from a clone and have alternating nodes, does topping/fimming still work and where do you cut? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Fimming/Topping a clone

Yes it does work and follow same basic principles. :thumbsup:

Fimming/Topping a clone

...but here's what "The Voices" have told me about FIMming...

Loook for the topmost fan leaves. Really. There should be two stalks of 'em, one a bit lower, and one a bit higher than the actual Centre Of Bud.

Ignore 'em.

Look at the Centre of Bud in the middle of 'em. Look closely. Look for some tiny little stuff that can't possibly be construed as a Fan Leaf, and is sticking Straight Up.

It should kind of look like a little 'hand'. Cut/top /these/ horizontally in half. Just these. JUST these. Then wait about two days. This is FORTY-EIGHT HOURS for you impatient types out there.

Mist frequently with Plant-Squirty-Bottle if you feel guilty. Remove Fan Leaves nearby if 'wilt-y'.

Do a little tapdance when 2-6 new flower tops appear where one was before.

YMMV.

Fimming/Topping a clone

Thanks for the extra input Covert Carpenter, :thumbsup: but this is an old thread. I did my FIM already and It went well. In fact, a couple of weeks after I did mine, I went round a friends house and Fimmed his ladies aswell. imp: