Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1547 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

If Growers were licensed...what then?

Thinking about the changes to the present legislation, there is proposed language, towit:

"... the new version would also allow for separate licenses for marijuana- growing facilities tied to dispensaries â?? which could sell a portion of what they grow to other dispensaries â?? and for marijuana product-makers."

Read more: Few on either side happy with proposed medical-marijuana licensing rules - The Denver Post

What do you suppose the license requirements might entail? Zoning? Construction? Documents/disclosures needed to establish dispensary tie-in? Caregiver relationships? And, I assume there will be a limit on the number of licenses given? A way to limit small growers?

Whatever comes down one thing is for certain, growers who want to be licensed will also be a lot more visible....and possibly vulnerable? I am not sure this proposal will make me want to do the happy dance or remain firmly hidden in the closet. Anxious to see the details...
    colagal Reviewed by colagal on . If Growers were licensed...what then? Thinking about the changes to the present legislation, there is proposed language, towit: "... the new version would also allow for separate licenses for marijuana- growing facilities tied to dispensaries â?? which could sell a portion of what they grow to other dispensaries â?? and for marijuana product-makers." Read more: Few on either side happy with proposed medical-marijuana licensing rules - The Denver Post What do you suppose the license requirements might entail? Zoning? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

True that. I don't think they have thought about the cost associated with growing this fine plant. As a small grower I offset the cost by selling the excess to the dispensary, and still make very little if put into an hourly wage verse time spent. It just will not grow it self.

Quote Originally Posted by colagal
    Whatever comes down one thing is for certain, growers who want to be licensed will also be a lot more visible....and possibly vulnerable?
    Yeah, but we all crossed that bridge already when we registered with the state.

i heard that they want detailed accounting of where their mmj comes from. since this is the first mention of growers it may solidify at the local level people who are wholesalers only. however it doesnt appear they will go that direction.

meded so you can mededicate to mededitate
    meded, so you can mededicate to mededitate

Quote Originally Posted by MEDEDCANNABIS
    i heard that they want detailed accounting of where their mmj comes from. since this is the first mention of growers it may solidify at the local level people who are wholesalers only. however it doesnt appear they will go that direction.

meded so you can mededicate to mededitate
    Not sure the intent, but it looks like a growing facility (if licensed) is either separate from a dispensary, or part of the dispensary but separately licensed?

I am guessing there are wholesale grow operations that are not covered, i.e., don't have enough patients to justify their grow? This new language may legitimize wholesalers under certain conditions?

Certainly, caregivers are noted on the state registry, but this may allow that information to be more visible on a local level as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HighPopalorum
    well first off it's supposed to be sealed and no one can access our records.having to be licensed would open us up for all to see.ever heard of public records? to have a licence means your a biz doing biz which would then open you up to the irs "irs= FED" GET IT? so even if you wanted to do this legit the fed will know where every grow is at not just the shops.now this would'nt be a prob if the fed did'nt have such a hard on for mmj.i see this as a back door way to get mmj info on everyone.

ps just think of the fun thiefs would have on grow rooms yea thats using our heads.i guess some will just never wake up.wow

Quote Originally Posted by colagal
    This new language may legitimize wholesalers under certain conditions?
    Yeah. The reason why, in most industries, wholesalers are licensed separately from retailers is because it's necessary for the collection of sales tax. Since business to business sales are not taxed, the state needs to know which businesses sell retail and which sell to other businesses. The dispensaries will get a tax ID number, while the wholesalers get an exemption. Meanwhile, the vast majority of us, with six plants in our closets, won't be impacted at all, since we're neither required to be licensed as growers nor taxed.

Yeah. The reason why, in most industries, wholesalers are licensed separately from retailers is because it's necessary for the collection of sales tax. Since business to business sales are not taxed, the state needs to know which businesses sell retail and which sell to other businesses. The dispensaries will get a tax ID number, while the wholesalers get an exemption. Meanwhile, the vast majority of us, with six plants in our closets, won't be impacted at all, since we're neither required to be licensed as growers nor taxed.
    yes this is true if your growing a small amount or any amount at all that only you use.but if you ever want to sell any of your extra meds then this would come into play. which in turn will leave the door wide open for the guy down the street to know what your doing.

Quote Originally Posted by palerider7777
    yes this is true if your growing a small amount or any amount at all that only you use.but if you ever want to sell any of your extra meds then this would come into play. which in turn will leave the door wide open for the guy down the street to know what your doing.
    The state license is absolutely confidential, unless the caregiver waives it. If local government wanted to license commercial growers they could also maintain confidentiality.I don't know if the legislation is a good idea... I haven't made up my mind. It settles all doubt about the legality of dispensaries, a major victory.

The state license is absolutely confidential, unless the caregiver waives it. If local government wanted to license commercial growers they could also maintain confidentiality.I don't know if the legislation is a good idea... I haven't made up my mind. It settles all doubt about the legality of dispensaries, a major victory.
    Anything that is filed and recorded (like business licenses) are public records with very few exceptions (like personal or confidential information), which I doubt will include growing operations. Even though it looks somewhat encouraging for dispensaries, it does not seem so for growers who are some of the favorite targets of the Fed despite state regulations. I am naive in thinking that the Fed will ever come around...they (especially the DEA) are rabid in their crusade to eradicate the alleged evils of marijuana - just take a look at their website.

In as much as I would like to be open about growing without the attendant fear and paranoia, until some miracle occurs on the Fed level, I reckon it be prudent to stay low...the low-life.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast