Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1682 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

USB bud box

I decided to take some old pc parts and try making a dryer box for my buds.
    So I mounted an old 3" pc fan on the top of a 5" x 5" x 12" box with the air blowing into the box.
    I then scavenged a USB cable from an old scanner and connected the red and black wires to the red and black wires on the fan. (The other wires are data so I just cut 'em off.)
    Then I plugged it into my pc and set the box on top of the area where my power supply is ( since it's warm) and now I have a box to dry my buds in. Hopefully I wont get any bud rot since it will circulate the air around the buds.
    I'll keep ya posted on whether it works ok or not.
    RAINHAZE Reviewed by RAINHAZE on . USB bud box I decided to take some old pc parts and try making a dryer box for my buds. So I mounted an old 3" pc fan on the top of a 5" x 5" x 12" box with the air blowing into the box. I then scavenged a USB cable from an old scanner and connected the red and black wires to the red and black wires on the fan. (The other wires are data so I just cut 'em off.) Then I plugged it into my pc and set the box on top of the area where my power supply is ( since it's warm) and now I have a box to dry my buds Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

USB bud box

lol interesting... Did you get any pics of it?

USB bud box

thats friggin brilliant

USB bud box

Or you could just open up your computer, and put your greenery right inside. Bottom of the case for slow dried/cures, on a hard drive for a little faster dry, or put a piece of paper on top of your video card, and stick a few buds on there for an overnight quickie.
    Computers are also a good place to germinate seeds with the paper towel method.

USB bud box

That first post was back in February, and yes it worked great. Only glitch was that the pc needed to be on for the fan to be on.
    For my recent harvest, I needed a fan that was on when I'm at work and the pc's off.
    So this time, I still use the same box to put my trimmed buds in, only now I'm using my 4" light-hood exhaust hose piped to it. It's pushing 94 degrees fahrenheit and RH is low.
    I allowed some slight bypass so that its not all blowing into the box. I just put in my first decent cola and hopefully it will be ready for the cure jar soon.
    I'll keep ya posted. :thumbsup:

USB bud box

Quote Originally Posted by RAINHAZE
    That first post was back in February, and yes it worked great. Only glitch was that the pc needed to be on for the fan to be on.
    For my recent harvest, I needed a fan that was on when I'm at work and the pc's off.
    So this time, I still use the same box to put my trimmed buds in, only now I'm using my 4" light-hood exhaust hose piped to it. It's pushing 94 degrees fahrenheit and RH is low.
    I allowed some slight bypass so that its not all blowing into the box. I just put in my first decent cola and hopefully it will be ready for the cure jar soon.
    I'll keep ya posted. :thumbsup:
    You turn your PC off? What is off?

Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook