Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1711 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

alaskan thunder fuck genetics

Picked up a clone labeled atf, well see if its the real deal... Was just wondering if anyone knows the genetics or what to expect as far as growing. Mostly wondering if it's a full sativa, will i be done by oct? Outside that is.

Thanks,
    D
    galulyah Reviewed by galulyah on . alaskan thunder fuck genetics Picked up a clone labeled atf, well see if its the real deal... Was just wondering if anyone knows the genetics or what to expect as far as growing. Mostly wondering if it's a full sativa, will i be done by oct? Outside that is. Thanks, D Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

from what i have hear it's suppose to be
    northern lights x matanuska tundra

Being an old fart and having lived in Alaska in the '70s, I am familiar with the original. I never did care for it, it tasted awful, maybe it was the way it was cured, but my understanding is that it is an autoflower. (ruderalis). Didnt' like the high either.

I have never tried to clone a ruderalis, but threads here say it does not work. There are also threads that mention that the original line is gone forever and any thunderfuck is just relabeled something else.

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess half the fun is just growing it out. I'll check back and let you know how things go.

Happy growing,
    D

There is a thread of someone trying to clone a ruderalis right now and having poor success, but did get one clone.

Quote Originally Posted by WashougalWonder
    Being an old fart and having lived in Alaska in the '70s, I am familiar with the original. I never did care for it, it tasted awful, maybe it was the way it was cured, but my understanding is that it is an autoflower. (ruderalis). Didnt' like the high either.

I have never tried to clone a ruderalis, but threads here say it does not work. There are also threads that mention that the original line is gone forever and any thunderfuck is just relabeled something else.
    Is the original really a ruderalis? I thought the original was supposed to be some of the strongest weed on earth. And I also thought ruderalis's were low in THC.
    However, I don't know how it would flower up there as an indica/sativa with the fucked up daylight hours....

All I've heard is hearsay so since you've actually smoked it I'm trusting your story more at this point... I think the rest is just legend.
    Brown-eyed women and red grenadine...
    :s4::s4::s4:

We used to smoke ATF in the mid 90's it was really dense dark green small nugs and they were ripper. Kinda piney. From what I remember I believe Kootenay seed Co. got a hold of an original clone and bred it with something of theirs and called it ATF. You could have that. As far as extinct, I don't think so it still circulates in the old school circles kinda like other heirloom strains that are indigenous to their area. Like the UW chemo clones in Seattle.

This is interesting. I was given some clones and all I was told was that they were from the far northern hemisphere. I started them and was baffled by the early buds growing in Veg. When I went generative, the plants were already budding. They didn't grow very tall at all and were dark green with smaller buds. The day came to harvest. It was a disappointment to say the least as I knew I could not get rid of it, so I kept it for myself. When I tried my own product, I was pleasantly surprised. It sedated the daylights out of me. I would not want to grow it again as there is no usable yield and it did not have a high percentage of THC according to my jewelers loop. I did get an adequate buzz so it wasn't a total loss. Could this be the Ruderalis mentioned above?

Gil
    You only go around once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

Eddy Hill

Oh and I am still wondering what an autoflower is.

Gil
    You only go around once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

Eddy Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert
    Oh and I am still wondering what an autoflower is.

Gil

An auto-flower is a plant that will go into budding without a change in the light cycle. Typically a plant needs at least 11 hours of complete darkness to force them to flower. Auto-flowers however, bud because of their age. They do not need the dark cycle. Also, you cannot clone them from what I understand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast