Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1333 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New grower w/questions

Ok. This is what i got. I have four 10Gal buckets with one plant in them each. I have them under one 400w HPS. Also have a oscilating fan with built in ionizer. This is my first grow and i am unsure of what to expect or how much to expect or what the potential is for a big yield is. Like anyone else i want to maximize the yield so let me tell you what i have done so far. My babies have been vegging under this HPS for 23 days now. I was thinking 19 more days to start flowering. I have been ferting them with Schultz all purpose plant food for veg state. And when i start to flower i will change to Schultz bloom plus. I fert once a week with regular watering every other day. Sometimes two days with no water when i feel moisture is still present in the top soil. Well as for the strains i have New York City Diesel, Northern Lights, Power Plant and Afghani. Any advice or what i can expect would be helpful. My real question is how big of yield could i expect to see???
    puff4twentynow Reviewed by puff4twentynow on . New grower w/questions Ok. This is what i got. I have four 10Gal buckets with one plant in them each. I have them under one 400w HPS. Also have a oscilating fan with built in ionizer. This is my first grow and i am unsure of what to expect or how much to expect or what the potential is for a big yield is. Like anyone else i want to maximize the yield so let me tell you what i have done so far. My babies have been vegging under this HPS for 23 days now. I was thinking 19 more days to start flowering. I have Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

New grower w/questions

here is the ferts that i am planning on using. and the fan i use....

New grower w/questions

Hi, its kinda difficult to tell, but i think the average is about 1 onze a plant.

New grower w/questions

awsome doesnt look like you will get root bound .strong roots strong plant.sounds like a good harvest maybe an oz dried each .i have seen up to 2 in conditions like that..

New grower w/questions

are you sure that is a 400watt HPS?
    you should definitley get 1 ounce from each plant (probably more like 2-4) if you veg for 19 more days... you probably don't need to veg more than another 10 days. Don't over water and make sure that those buckets have holes in the bottom.

Careful how much fert you are giving them... the plant in picture 2 seems like it is on the edge...

You may want to clone now...(make babies) then veg for 10 more days and then flower.. that would be the smart thing to do... Next time you can use 1-5 galon pots and fit more plants under the light.

good luck and thanks for the pics..

SMB

New grower w/questions

Yes i am sure that is a 400w HPS. It looks funny cause i draped foil paper over the sides to control the light. Thanks for the responses and i will keep posting updates on them. I was hoping for more than an ounce each but if thats all i get, cool i guess.

One more question. Could i pot two plants in these buckets? I was thinking that on my next grow i will go with two plants in each bucket and get me another 400w HPS.

I'm shooting for the biggest possible yield that i can get. Please let me know what i can do for this with what i got or what i need to get. I'm trying to grow that Killa Cali Bud, and lots of it....

New grower w/questions

You could plant 2 plants in one pot... BUT the problem is that if something goes wrong you'll lose 2 plants instaed of 1.

New grower w/questions

seriously, your setup is a little innefficient. you have 1 400 over 4 10 gal containers in a row, with 1 foot high plants in each. the two plants on the end are gonna blow, you wont get much light to them. the 2 in the middle will do better, under the light. if you would have put them in 5 gal buckets, you could have fit them under the light a lot nicer. If it was me in your place, I would hold off on flowering the 2 on the ends and do the middle 2 only(if left in those huge 10 gal pots). or else I would transplant into 5 gal, set them under the light footprint more efficiently, and even still, add another light.
    100% Pure Sativus

New grower w/questions

funny you should say that the two on the outside don't get enough light. Those two have grown more leaves, bigger and faster than the two that are right under the light. Growing is experimental. I will take the advice i have been given. For this grow i want to see what can happen. Next grow will be two lights with eight plants in 5gal square buckets. I will keep posting pics on them.

Question.

If i veg for a longer period, will i get a bigger yield when i decide to flower them???

Feedback is always welcome. Thanks for the great advice gents....

New grower w/questions

funny, funny, the 2 on the ends are stretching, that why. when it's bud formation time, you will understand when all your getting is popcorn.
    100% Pure Sativus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast