Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1623 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

UVb-UVa

Well, in what 5 days? , I can see a difference not only with my naked eyeballs but with the microscope. The plants appear to be more snow covered to the eye and there definitely is a greater density and different sizes of trichomes by microscope. They may also have more dense buds, but I need to wait and compare pictures down the road.

Interesting indeed.

2.   Advertisements

UVb-UVa

keep in mind that the MH puts out much more UV than an HPS (if i'm not mistaken), so it's not so much color temp as it is wavelength.

case in point, a swiss grower planted two crops outdoors, one at 4500' and one at 9000' elevation. the crop at 4500' had about 25% more weight, but less trichs than the crop at 9000'. same thing has been known to happen in indoor grow rooms for those who bloom under a MH as opposed to an HPS. so i think you'd be best suited to throw them under the MH for the last two weeks of flower.

did that make any sense? sorry made some hash earlier!

-shake

i LOVE the sig by the way!!!

UVb-UVa

Yes, I did understand

UVb-UVa

Well after 2 weeks, 2 different plants maturing under the MH. I would say at least 15-25% more trichs and the tops fluffed out more than they usually do for those genotypes, so I will continue with this addition to my farming methods. Thanks to those who have advised and the other threads on this topic. I feel my growing skills advanced with that move.

UVb-UVa

One small point about MH lamp bulbs: they can run anywhere from 3000K to 6500K or higher.

HPS lamp bulbs generally are 2100-2700K..unless they have blue added..like Hortilux

I wish peeps talking about MH bulbs would give the Kelvin temp...because of the wide temp range available on the market. I assume; but, don't know?...that the higher MH kelvin temp range (5000-6500k)...puts out more UV rays?

...or the 3000-4500k does?...maryjane; likes the white light..:thumbsup:

UVb-UVa

It is a hortilux 400, hell of a spectrum of light.

UVb-UVa

I'm really surprised that Dutch did not mention CMH (ceramic metal halide) bulbs. These put out alot of UV in comparison to even MH bulbs.

One of the cheapest and easiest ways to add UV is the addition of some reptile bulbs, either CFL or linear flourescents, to your HPS. But as pointed out by Dogsnova on another thread, you may get the same benifits from the use of ceramic incadescents to increase far red, without the health risks associated with UV.

UVb-UVa

hey oldmac,is it or is not true that high altittude plants will have a higher thc content than lower altittude plants becouse of the higher intencity of ultraviolet light at high altittude?

UVb-UVa

I picked up a 48" t12 ballast w/2 40 watt,warm white bulbs and it came w/an xtra bulb,a super uv reptile full spectrum daylight lamp w/3%+ uvb & 7%+ uva 40 watt today for next to nothing($7) hopefully I can get some use out of it.I was wondering if the reptile bulb would be a good addition to the 1000w hps,6" a/c reflector (a bigun) I have in the flower room,a 6.5'x6.5'x6.5' tent,4 plants(I am assuming its not a good light for the veg room?).Are the warm white bulbs good for either veg or flower?I currently have a 48' t5 dbl bulb ballast in veg.Appreciate any suggestions...thanx

UVb-UVa

In a previous run I flowered under only MH. Got extreme resin production. Yield sucked.
    I have since added HPS to the mix for flower. Last run I did 600w MH +150w HPS. So still more MH.
    Next run I'm doing 150w HPS,600w MH, 150w HPS. So still more MH. These have always been used like this all the way thru flower.

I actually have never done an all HPS flower. I'm anticonformist or something. So I personally have no comparison other than the heavy stone and obviously crazy resin production. Screw yield focused grows anyway...

All but one of my friends flower under all HPS. The other guy has stickier bud. So do I.

The bud on my avatar is from a flo plant that was situated a little closer to the MH. U can see the difference with the naked eye.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook