Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1739 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

how do i become a caregiver in rhode island

does anyone know how i can become a caregiver in rhode island?
    mjajr84 Reviewed by mjajr84 on . how do i become a caregiver in rhode island does anyone know how i can become a caregiver in rhode island? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

A patient has to request you as a caregiver. go to RI DOH W/s, click on MMJ program application link. info is there. Link is - Rhode Island Department of Health: Medical Marijuana Program
    Here is a copy and paste from the info.
    CAREGIVERS:
    â?¢ Caregiver information is ALWAYS provided by the Patient.
    â?¢ Background Check (BCI) for all caregivers. (To obtain BCI contact Attorney Generalâ??s Office at (401) 274-4400)
    If your Caregiver lives in another state they must provide a BCI from the state where they live and also include one
    from Rhode Island.
    â?¢ Each caregiver may be responsible for up to five (5) patients.
    â?¢ Pay an application fee (Check or Money Order, Payable to RI General Treasurer) Fee is seventy-five dollars
    ($75.00) unless you are a qualifying caregiver who can submit satisfactory evidence, to the Department, of being a
    recipient of Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Income (SSDI). If you can
    submit such evidence then the fee is ten dollars ($10.00).
    CHANGES OF INFORMATION (once registered) OR WITHDRAWAL FROM PROGRAM:
    After you (and your caregiver(s)) receive your registration identification cards, you can change information by completing, signing
    and submitting a â??Medical Marijuana Program â?? Patient Information Change Requestâ? (â??Change Formâ?). You can also use
    the same form to Withdraw from the program by checking box â??Dâ? â??Withdraw from the Marijuana Program.
    LOST CARD
    The caregiver has to apply for the BCI, costs $5
    The patient then submits their application with your info and BCI report with the fee or submits change form with your BCI.

Hope that helps.

Easy as 1,2,3. Pass the criminal background check. Find a patient who needs your services. Become registered to that patient through the Department of Health. More info available on the RI Forum page. If you have any specifics feel free to contact me.
    \"The cost of sanity, in this society, is a certain level of alienation.\"

Quote Originally Posted by mjajr84
    does anyone know how i can become a caregiver in rhode island?
    RIPAC: Medical Marijuana in Rhode Island

this website should get you in the right direction .... do you know any good dr in RI?

How old do you have to be to become a legal care giver?

• "Background Check (BCI) for all caregivers. (To obtain BCI contact Attorney General’s Office at (401) 274-4400)
    If your Caregiver lives in another state they must provide a BCI from the state where they live and also include one
    from Rhode Island."

Does this mean you can be an out of state caregiver to a RI patient?

MMC fee is $200 now.

I timed my visit for my card and was pleasantly surprised to find out that unlike most RI state offices... it literally took me 67 seconds from time I walked into the office to the time I walked out with my card. After three months of processing errors on my app that is...

On another note, don't plan on getting good info from state workers at the facility... google knows more about RI MMJ rules and regulations than these people... if you suck at google then call the compassion center... they know the laws better than anyone else.

the easiest and safest way to become a caregiver in rhode island is to become a patient and then designate yourself as a caregiver. That way you can stay legal and eventually you will meet patients who need your services.