Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1522 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

growing outdoors in Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by copobo
    I feel like it's almost time to start planning (and sprouting or cloning!)

I've never done any outdoor growing in CO. When I was young, grew on the east coast with good results. Water wasn't as much of an issue there as I'm sure it is here.

I'd like to try this year and am hoping some experienced outdoors growers can offer some advice.

It would be cool to coop some land and not be gorilla.

A few beginner questions-

What Strains have folks had success with?

Seed or pre-sprouted/clones to what height? How do you prepare them?

When do you put them in the dirt, at what altitude are you growing?

How do you deal with deer and other critters that like edibles?
    In Colo. it is now legal to grow 6 plants per adult person, at home in your backyard. Wether you germinate seeds or buy clones from a Dispensary, wait to put those plants outdoors untill the night-time low temps are above 40 degrees. Visit my web-site Just-Do-This.com

2.   Advertisements

growing outdoors in Colorado

Yes, many clones do come from the Grow-ops with bugs. Also, seeds have more energy, vibrancy than clones because they have tap-roots. If you are uncomfortable germinating seeds (March or April) find somebody with a "red-card" to buy you 6 clones... maybe three pairs. Most everything is a Hybred these days, so you'll have to ask about 'strain-dominant' plants... Try for, like, 3 different types... Calif. Orange, Black Kush and maybe a couple Durbin Poisen girls. I strongly recomend that you use the largest tubs you can find and use store-bought soil. Do not use the clay-soil from here on the front range. Do not buy the most expensive but a good medium priced garden soil. As soon as the night time lows stay above 40 degrees, you can put 'em outside. Weather is always a problem... Frosts, hail, heavy rain, lack of any rain, strong winds, et. cetera. If, over the years, you can construct a trellis over the plants, you'll be able to throw a tarp over the girls to shield them from the bad weather events. I agree with "Oldschool chronicmonster' don't overlove your girls. You have to inspect them closely every few days, but do not smoke tobacco or pot around them. Learn to read them as to their watering requirements. I water each plant with several gals every day during the Hot summer months. AS far as rippers go... It is Legal to grow 6 plants per adult in your own backyard... behind locked gates and out of plain view of your neighbors. It is not Legal to Steal someone elses plants. Bad karma, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12