Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1593 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

CannaHoney

Is there a specific way to make cannabis honey?
    SonomaCounty Reviewed by SonomaCounty on . CannaHoney Is there a specific way to make cannabis honey? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

CannaHoney

The only other thread I read about this was from some guy who gave a recipe for cannabutter and discussed mixing it or some kinda make a tincture and something yada yada......If there's one thing I hate more than no answer is a rambling one.....I will get a recipe and my next post will have an answer fo ya!

CannaHoney

Cannabis Honey? Do you mean Honey Oil/Hash Oil? If you mean hash/honey oil there are two methods, isobropyl alcohol or butane.

CannaHoney

I've heard it called "Honey Slide" and it was from a Neil Young interview. The guy that told me is a real Neil Young fan who has the interview on tape or dvd or whatever. He told me put enough ground up bud for a joint into a spoon and heat it until it just starts to smoke. Stir it around so it all get heated up and starts to get a little brown. Then pour some honey on it so its easier to swallow. So I tried it. I got a soup spoon with a flat bottom like the ones at a chinese restaurant but made of metal. I put the weed in it and heated it up with my torch and stirred it around until it was evenly toasted. Then, since I had no honey, I poured maple syrup on it and stirred it around until it was mixed well and put the spoon in my mouth to swallow it. As I scorched my tongue I realized, unfortunately too late, that I should have cooled off the spoon first but it worked. I got stoned as hell, but the next 2 times I tried it didn't work so well. I'm gonna try altering the recipe and see if I have better results. Let you know in a little while.

CannaHoney

Trichomes are not water soluble, but honey is - Best solution is to use prepared trimmings for hash give a cold rinse in a bucket with very tight mesh, treat very vigorously and then beat the hell out of the trimmings to get as many trichomes as possible out - discard the trimmings, take the leftovers (the trichomes) and stir into your honey.

I'd use a spoonfull of trichs for the 8 oz honeybear bottle - Stir very well, blend if possible, making sure to scrape the leavings on the outside of the bowl. Keep refrigerated, I know its hard to work with that way, but its the best way to make it last, and then just heat small amounts for use, remember, don't get it scorching hot, because you don't want to evap the trichs, you want to ingest them.

This would be my best method for cannahoney.

CannaHoney

Quote Originally Posted by low_rdr
    Trichomes are not water soluble, but honey is - Best solution is to use prepared trimmings for hash give a cold rinse in a bucket with very tight mesh, treat very vigorously and then beat the hell out of the trimmings to get as many trichomes as possible out - discard the trimmings, take the leftovers (the trichomes) and stir into your honey....
    Hey LR, did you mean honey is water soluble (a statement with which I agree but doesn't seem relevant) or trichomes are honey soluble? Sorry dude, but you gotta admit, you walked right into it. :dance:

However, it got me thinking. Well, still no honey, but there's butter in the fridge (Imperial Margarine actually) so I put about a tsp. in with the toasted weed and heated it 'til it just bubbled about a minute. Just for good measure I put half a gram of hash into the spoon and stirred until it was a thick gooey mess but it tasted just like one would expect. At this point I had either strawberry preserves or chocolate syrup to improve the taste. I opted for chocolate and topped off the spoon with Hershey's syrup and down the hatch. That was about 2 hours ago but after the first hour I've been so f---in' high that it took another hour just to post this. I'm just gonna sit here and drool on myself and if anybody asks, I'm blaming it on low_rdr. Thanks man. :thumbsup:

CannaHoney

Yes and it's a pain in the butt! The best way I know is using keif, 1 gram of keif per 1 ounce of honey. Pour into a jar and put it in the closet. Open the closet and shake the jar every morning and night. After 30 days remove and put the jar into a crock pot with water. Leave the top on the jar until the water is hot. I use tongs and pull the jar, drop a 2-3 bowls into the crock pot and now set the jar into the bowl with lid off. Bowls should raise it up in the water so it won't tip over. simple heat until the honey holds 170'f for 5 minutes. That also sanitizes it in case you have contaminated it in some way. You can also do glycerin the same way. I have heard of people using buds with mixed results. I prefer this method as you can put a few drops under the tongue rather than suffering the losses of digestion. Enjoy! Please always make sure you are using kosher food grade glycerin so that no one dies! Some forms of glycerin are poisonous to people, so don't run to Walmart. Their dumb butt pharmacist was trying to tell me it was safe. Why does it say keep out of the reach of children and poison control numbers on it, cause it's deadly. Don't listen to so called professionals with cannabis, ask a hippie!

CannaHoney

Quote Originally Posted by motoxfreek7
    Yes and it's a pain in the butt! The best way I know is using keif, 1 gram of keif per 1 ounce of honey. Pour into a jar and put it in the closet. Open the closet and shake the jar every morning and night. After 30 days remove and put the jar into a crock pot with water. Leave the top on the jar until the water is hot. I use tongs and pull the jar, drop a 2-3 bowls into the crock pot and now set the jar into the bowl with lid off. Bowls should raise it up in the water so it won't tip over. simple heat until the honey holds 170'f for 5 minutes. That also sanitizes it in case you have contaminated it in some way. You can also do glycerin the same way. I have heard of people using buds with mixed results. I prefer this method as you can put a few drops under the tongue rather than suffering the losses of digestion. Enjoy! Please always make sure you are using kosher food grade glycerin so that no one dies! Some forms of glycerin are poisonous to people, so don't run to Walmart. Their dumb butt pharmacist was trying to tell me it was safe. Why does it say keep out of the reach of children and poison control numbers on it, cause it's deadly. Don't listen to so called professionals with cannabis, ask a hippie!
    Sorry, use 25 micron screen to remove the plant or keif from your honey or glycerin. After it cools, its hotter than it feels!