Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1495 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Informative Read

With all the political debate and bullshit spreading around, I thought I'd put out an interesting and informative book about the types of people who are running some of today's political parties and funding fringe groups. And, its not a new phenomenon. This family and its agents and allies have been doing it for years and years. Not only that, the family fortune was built on war material profiteering with a formula stolen from the French government during the French Revolution. Intriguing to say the least, and not all family members are as scurrilous as one branch of the family. During their time, the family has done some public works projects, but they were mostly done to amend for things they were trying to pull and got caught. Money does buy cover-ups and remakes of reputations. Last but not least, this families leaders were an driving influence in the prohibition of cannabis. The book is available at a number of libraries and they can be found using wikipedia and can be bought from Amazon.

DuPont: Behind the Nylon Curtain by Gerard Colby Zilg. Try and get the original version to read. :thumbsup:
    gypski Reviewed by gypski on . Informative Read With all the political debate and bullshit spreading around, I thought I'd put out an interesting and informative book about the types of people who are running some of today's political parties and funding fringe groups. And, its not a new phenomenon. This family and its agents and allies have been doing it for years and years. Not only that, the family fortune was built on war material profiteering with a formula stolen from the French government during the French Revolution. Intriguing Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Informative Read

E for Effort.......Your trying to bring something to the table that nobody is hungry for. But it shows your still trying and that's something. Now please stop adding stuff like "bullshit spreading around" because as we already know cutting and pasting causes that, we just can't find a cure for it....come on lighten up. Props for intriguing Dupont family history book review. :stoned::thumbsup:

Informative Read

That is a nice synopsis gypski. :thumbsup:

Not really my kind of book, but I doubt it would surprise me much. Money talks and bullshit walks. It's these kind of folks who really run the show behind the curtain and elected officials are just the "big green head".

Informative Read

Is DuPont the same people who own D Pont and poisoned water systems and cause cancer all over the place?

Informative Read

Quote Originally Posted by RedLocks
    Is DuPont the same people who own D Pont and poisoned water systems and cause cancer all over the place?
    One and the same. The same one's who have polluted the Delaware River and Bay just to point out a place familiar to you. :smokin:

Informative Read

Quote Originally Posted by frostedwonder
    E for Effort.......Your trying to bring something to the table that nobody is hungry for. But it shows your still trying and that's something. Now please stop adding stuff like "bullshit spreading around" because as we already know cutting and pasting causes that, we just can't find a cure for it....come on lighten up. Props for intriguing Dupont family history book review. :stoned::thumbsup:
    How would you know what people are hungry for? And what Du Pont, et al are not what the majority of the people want. BTW, how much Teflon do you have in your system. That may explain your hate for cut and paste!!!!! :icon506:

Informative Read

No Teflon just steel, actually I am sure we all have that in our systems kinda scary but being part alien helps. Oh also love the smiley very fitting.

Informative Read

Quote Originally Posted by gypski
    One and the same. The same one's who have polluted the Delaware River and Bay just to point out a place familiar to you. :smokin:
    hits closer to home than that. usually at work I'll go take a walk down by this river and smoke a blunt.. (only bout 15 min from this spot I moved to last dec(08)) So couple months ago I see from the street there is some truck parked on the access road and couple guys loading a small boat into the river. Later I find out they are doing a study on the water in the area because of the high occurrence of cancer in the small town this was taking place..

State to probe cancer cluster at Dupont Pompton Lakes | Bill Wolfe - NJ.com

not the only spot in NJ either

Informative Read

Quote Originally Posted by RedLocks
    hits closer to home than that. usually at work I'll go take a walk down by this river and smoke a blunt.. (only bout 15 min from this spot I moved to last dec(08)) So couple months ago I see from the street there is some truck parked on the access road and couple guys loading a small boat into the river. Later I find out they are doing a study on the water in the area because of the high occurrence of cancer in the small town this was taking place..

State to probe cancer cluster at Dupont Pompton Lakes | Bill Wolfe - NJ.com

not the only spot in NJ either
    An interesting point, when the DuPont Family schemers found out they were going to be nailed for all their pollution, they started selling off the majority of their shares (family owned). They moved their money in other areas, like Kevlar war materials among others. And, they got of of the clean-up mess the present company now owns. And Pete DuPont, ex-gov, started all this credit card usury when Delaware eliminated the usury laws and MBNA was behind it all. And you can bank on the fact they are involved in the present robbery of the treasury. They have pulled this type stunt before. You will find it all out if you happen to read the book.