Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1462 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

First time grower...questions, questions, questions.

Hello all...

This thread continues on from an indoor thread (now growing outdoor instead) http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-gr...questions.html.

Since I've only just decided to grow outdoor instead of indoor, I've got next to no knowledge about outdoor growing so here goes...

I'll most likely be growing Afghan Kush indica - feminised autoflowering
    My only expectation is to successfully grow bud for my first time, I was thinking of buying about 10 seeds and having 3/4 different grow spots in the one area(which I'll talk about next).

The grow spot that I have in mind is behind a vacant field(about the size of a rugby union field) where there is a small rain runoff stream with small banks on each side. I'll take some pictures soon to give you a better idea.

I was reading one of the other noobie outdoor question threads and someone said that planting the seed outdoors from the start means that you wont be shocking the plant from a pot if you were to start the seedlings indoor. I was going to use the moist paper towl method to get the seeds started then plant them in small pots until they sprout at which time I'd transplant them near the stream. whats the best way to go for someone with no growing experience?

When I plant the seed/sprout will I need to mix any soils/nutrients or anything at all for that matter with the soil already there?

Until my next question... Adios amigos!
    GreenerGrocer Reviewed by GreenerGrocer on . First time grower...questions, questions, questions. Hello all... This thread continues on from an indoor thread (now growing outdoor instead) http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-growing/179594-first-time-grower-few-questions.html. Since I've only just decided to grow outdoor instead of indoor, I've got next to no knowledge about outdoor growing so here goes... I'll most likely be growing Afghan Kush indica - feminised autoflowering My only expectation is to successfully grow bud for my first time, I was thinking of buying about 10 seeds Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Hi Greengrocer,

Sounds good man! :thumbsup:

Get reading up and learning.... an give me a shout when you're up and running and I'll follow your grow log.. :thumbsup:

Nice strain choice! :thumbsup:

Thanks heaps man!!

I'm not sure when I'll start growing because I had a good chat with someone I met on Xbox Live as a matter of fact and she's been a grower for 5yrs+ but ontop of that shes had 10yrs+ in growing all sorts of plants. She recommended that I grow Tomato plants first to understand the whole growing plants process and to go through all of the emotions that is involved with growing plants. So I'll probably grow Tomato plants at the back of my place(as a backup reason for mum if she were to become suspicious of any of my activitys/purchases) as well as at the locations I have in mind for growing my ganja so that I know the ground is suitable for growing in(even though there will most likely be plenty of plants already growing in the ground there).

Will be sure to update you when things get rolling(no, not a joint :P)

hi greenergrocer,i see your in the right place now,good luck!
    ROLL,ROLL,ROLL A JOINT TWIST IT AT THE END LIGHT IT UP,TAKE A HIT AND PASS IT TO A FRIEND!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenerGrocer

whats the best way to go for someone with no growing experience?
    Wait until next spring you are way too late to start Afghan Kush from seed, outside, this season.

If you want to grow outside this season pick a sativa. You need something that will continue to gain height during flowering.

For indicas you want to started a couple of weeks after the frosts finish in Spring, late September to early November depending on your latitude.

Thanks for the input guys.

About it being too late for Indica... My friend has about 20 Bag seeds...we're gonna get some germinating real soon then get them sprouting in some small plastic cups or something similar then transplant them in our chosen spot(s). I'll see how they go and then decide what to do. I'll most likely still order seeds but I'll do some more researching about what you we're saying sarah louise, I'm not ignoring what you're saying...I just want to see for myself .

:yippee:

My Tomato seeds have sprouted!!! It's so special to see them go from just a small seed to a small green thing coming out of the soil!!. I can't wait until I see my ganja seeds sprout!!. Will post pics of my Tomato sproutlings soon soon.

its awesome watching my plants grow, everyday i look at them they are always changing! i no how you feel my first time growing to

I had my real first real last year the log is in here. But this year iv learned to get them started inside and move them out in pots, till they get a feel for the Sun. If i were you thats what id do too. Also plant in the ground deep to get a good root system going. You might think about small chicken wire fencing too, because the varmints like weed as do bugs. Those are things ya gotta be ready for. If your planting near a stream or creek, make sure its not going to flood your crop. When the inside grow is done and the temps get up a bit, il be around here in this section, so if ya need anything just let me know. I pretty much have a handle outside. Growing inside is really different to me and i think i prefer outside growing. Im doing some Skunk #1 and Haze #5 going on this year with some Edna and one other strain.

Its a weed man. You will do great:rasta: