Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1916 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

experimental airplane ride ... Video

don't know if anybody's interested, but I got to take a flight in a friend's experimental airplane, the other day :thumbsup: ... it was fun, and I made a half-assed video clip of our little flight ... the plane only weighs 600 pounds, is powered by a 2-stroke, 600cc snowmobile engine ... I forgot to ask how high we went up, but we were cruising about 75mph, and getting 22 mpg, or so :thumbsup: ... the owner/pilot is almost 80 years old, a really nice guy, he built two of these, the other is powered by a Subaru 4-banger ... this is my very first video attempt, so don't expect too much ... the video is about 30mb in size, and has a soundtrack, too ... so, enjoy this old stoner's aerial exploits (yes, I was quite stoned, before, during, and after, a typical day ) ...

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7tcGkOyzKU :jointsmile:
    the image reaper Reviewed by the image reaper on . experimental airplane ride ... Video don't know if anybody's interested, but I got to take a flight in a friend's experimental airplane, the other day :thumbsup: ... it was fun, and I made a half-assed video clip of our little flight ... the plane only weighs 600 pounds, is powered by a 2-stroke, 600cc snowmobile engine ... I forgot to ask how high we went up, but we were cruising about 75mph, and getting 22 mpg, or so :thumbsup: ... the owner/pilot is almost 80 years old, a really nice guy, he built two of these, the other is Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Looks like a lot of fun. I'll bet you had a blast! :thumbsup:

yeah, it was a lot of fun :thumbsup: ... tight fit, too, lol ... at 6'2", 220#, I had to keep my legs apart, for the joy-stick to clear, and pull my feet up, to avoid touching the rudder pedals ... it had dual controls, not sure why, I sure as hell wasn't gonna take over

LOL love the music IR :Tomcat:

I couldn't help be sing along with this video IR... I'm guessing you were Goose and he was Maverick? Either way it looked fun and very warm, were at about 7 degrees outside here in Missouri right now.

yes, very nice weather, been mid-70s every day, and sunny :thumbsup: ... seems like this is the only place in the country, that's not getting hammered ... I can't handle the cold, damp winters, up north, the old joints ache (no, not those kinda joints )

Quote Originally Posted by the image reaper
    yeah, it was a lot of fun :thumbsup: ... tight fit, too, lol ... at 6'2", 220#, I had to keep my legs apart, for the joy-stick to clear, and pull my feet up, to avoid touching the rudder pedals ... it had dual controls, not sure why, I sure as hell wasn't gonna take over
    I always make sure there's room for the joy-stick to clear too . . . :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlazer
    I always make sure there's room for the joy-stick to clear too . . . :thumbsup:

at my age, I'm just glad I can even find my joystick :S2:

Quote Originally Posted by the image reaper
    at my age, I'm just glad I can even find my joystick :S2:
    LMAO, I know what you mean.

Thats an amazing custom job, it looks alot like a hyper-light with the clear doors. Aint nothing like a small plane flight with music in your headset, man id love to do that again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast