Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1454 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Colorado Alternative Medicine - Dispensary Review Thread

Man, I stopped in on this place earlier today and it was really one of my best experiences. I finally got some fire... this AK-47! That was better than anything I picked up in Nederland/THC/Botanic Labs. I tried Botanic Labs AK-47 and this blows it away. Just nice killer odor and taste... opened the jar and the room filled up with pungent scent.. smelled like some sort of cleaner. Then they had some Jack's Cleaner on the jar and I could barely smell it when I opened the jar. Both great genetics... goes to show that the grower's skill plays the major part in good buds and GREAT buds.

They had a couple other good strains, but I didn't have too much trouble making up my mind. The purple urkel looked really nice so I sampled that as well. Very tasty smoke... seems pretty potent. Also picked up some Sour D which is really good. I think best Sour D I've had yet... comparable to the Double Diesel I got at Delta-9. The other strains were pretty good. I think the AK was definitely a step above anything else in there. The Urkel is really nice.

It's really nice to see this quality at a $50 cap. That's where I'm going to start drawing my line. That's what I'd paid before and I've gone crazy in all the dispensaries lately just paying whatever to try new strains. From now on I'm coming here primarily since I think they offer me a fairer price. I'd also liked Delta-9, but I'll probably come here more often because they're cheaper.

I did get the impression that these guys weren't super knowledgeable. I asked the budtender if the Purple Urkel was the clone-only strain from California. I didn't know if it was the same as "the urkel" clone legend... it looked reallly good. He looked at me with a blank stare. Then the woman who owns the place, who was just kinda floating around talking with everyone, told me that all strains come from a seed. I'm pretty sure there are strains that are funky phenotypes that are clone-only. Maybe it was semantics. Also, the budtender should lay off the buds. I said I want this, this, and this. He finished getting one packaged up and said, "is that all?". No, I said I also want this and this, putting the jars right in front of his face. Packages up number two and then just kinda stares at me and then says, "is that all?". C'mon dude... are you fuckin' kiddin' me!! Oh well, there was a lot of shit going on I guess.

This place has easily become one of my favorites because of quality for the cost.
    lampost Reviewed by lampost on . Colorado Alternative Medicine - Dispensary Review Thread Man, I stopped in on this place earlier today and it was really one of my best experiences. I finally got some fire... this AK-47! That was better than anything I picked up in Nederland/THC/Botanic Labs. I tried Botanic Labs AK-47 and this blows it away. Just nice killer odor and taste... opened the jar and the room filled up with pungent scent.. smelled like some sort of cleaner. Then they had some Jack's Cleaner on the jar and I could barely smell it when I opened the jar. Both great Rating: 5
    Brown-eyed women and red grenadine...
    :s4::s4::s4:

2.   Advertisements

My favorite too. That AK is by far one of the best I have EVER smoked. That must be a new batch of Jacks Cleaner cuz the one I had (month ago?) was STANK-EEEE! Rarely see the Jacks around here. They had some sour dream that was amazing. They charge $50 all 1/8th no tax cep for the sour d but honestly I've never even messed with it cuz there are so many other fire nugs. They never rush you. Dude with the glasses (I forgot his name) is the owner I think (along with the front desk chick) and yeah he seems higher than me sometimes! Took a couple of visits for him to warm up to me but the other guy with the beanie knows his stuff. And front desk chick is real friendly.
    Overall, C.A.M. gets the King Minus thumbs up. Word!

Quote Originally Posted by kingminus
    My favorite too. That AK is by far one of the best I have EVER smoked. That must be a new batch of Jacks Cleaner cuz the one I had (month ago?) was STANK-EEEE! Rarely see the Jacks around here. They had some sour dream that was amazing. They charge $50 all 1/8th no tax cep for the sour d but honestly I've never even messed with it cuz there are so many other fire nugs. They never rush you. Dude with the glasses (I forgot his name) is the owner I think (along with the front desk chick) and yeah he seems higher than me sometimes! Took a couple of visits for him to warm up to me but the other guy with the beanie knows his stuff. And front desk chick is real friendly.
    Overall, C.A.M. gets the King Minus thumbs up. Word!
    Right when I got back from this place I saw you recommended them in the other thread! Thanks..
    There's some Jack Flash going around that's really good too... I had some good JF at ReLeaf Center and I think in the "Best Buds" thread somebody mentioned some at Grasshopper too.

I thought that CAM was pretty decent. Had better, but I've had far worse. Sampled their Pink Maui, Sour D, and AK-47. All 3 neared the A- range for me.

Colorado Alternative Medicine Review

Quote Originally Posted by Dietblonde
    I thought that CAM was pretty decent. Had better, but I've had far worse. Sampled their Pink Maui, Sour D, and AK-47. All 3 neared the A- range for me.

Colorado Alternative Medicine Review
    I've also had better, but I think these guys are offering $50 eighths, while other dispensaries are offering $55 eighth usually with tax on top of that! So these get the thumbs up from me!
    The AK-47 wasn't grown by them so I'm guessing you had another batch by another grower... that's a fairly popular strain and I think they carry a lot of vendor strains.

If you are interested in the sour diesel, make sure you ask if it is grown by them. The one they grow is the best example of sour diesel I've sampled in a shop so far. The sell some from other vendors though for the same price that is not nearly as good. :rastasmoke:

Also, their clones have great vigor! Best yet in a shop as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Kartel
    If you are interested in the sour diesel, make sure you ask if it is grown by them. The one they grow is the best example of sour diesel I've sampled in a shop so far. The sell some from other vendors though for the same price that is not nearly as good. :rastasmoke:

Also, their clones have great vigor! Best yet in a shop as well!
    Yeah, I noticed that the Sour D was a bit compressed and looked like it probably came from a vendor...

I popped in yesterday to CAM and Anna hooked me up large! Nearly 3 grams for $20! What a lovely gal. I got Sour Dream, Blue Dream, Cali Mist, and Lemon Haze. I've only had the Cali Mist because its probably my favorite strain.

I was told to look out for 3 strains coming out this week: K1, K2, and Durban Poison.

The Cali Mist is your favorite from CAM or favorite strain period?

One of my favorite strains. Its a very clear-headed and cerebral high with a lot of auditory enhancement. I really have a fun time on it, especially when I smoke a couple bowls- it brings out the body high and makes me feel like I'm underwater. Very social, as well.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast