Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1890 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

GOD CREATED ALL OF THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Delta9 UK
    CORRECT! Chris this is the first accurate thing you've said - indeed it doesn't happen randomly - and here is where you show your true ignorance of the theory.

I'm going to guess you haven't studied biological evolution, specifically natural selection and genetics - if you did you would know it isn't random - not at all. Lets go to school....

Natural selection is driven by the environment - it literally 'selects' the best ('fittest' if you like) life form - which through the nature of its 'success' is able to pass on those genes. As the environment changes so do selection pressures which 'choose' the best organism for the environment at that time. No organism is good/bad or better/worse it all depends on the environment at the time.

As the environment changes continually and mutagenic changes work their way into an organisms' genome you have the mechanism for evolution. That isn't random at all - the 'guiding hand' is the environment.

On the subject of DNA Iâ??ll come out and say it: DNA did not give rise to the first life. Yikes! like nobody thought that before. DNA has no way of being part of the very first life form because DNA makes RNA make protein makes DNA. Without proteins, you canâ??t make more DNA.

By itself, DNA is relatively inert. It doesnâ??t do anything special unless thereâ??s the cellular framework around to utilise the information encoded within its nucleotide sequence. As such, DNA could not have existed in the first organism.

But doesnâ??t this falsify Darwinian evolution? Uh, no, it doesnâ??t. The main reason is that evolution doesnâ??t predict that DNA was present in the first lifeform at all. This was simply something that scientists thought could be true, but the mechanisms of mutation and natural selection do not in any conceivable way hinge on DNA being present in the first lifeform. As such, itâ??s not a prediction made by evolutionary theory, and its falsification has no bearing on the truth of evolution.

:thumbsup:
    so hitler had it right all along nice.

GOD CREATED ALL OF THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by throatstick
    so hitler had it right all along nice.
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

Hitler didn't get anything right - he didn't even understand natural selection at all but he was a dirty great big fan of Eugenics - and a total asshole.

Besides we are only on page 5 - you can't bring up Hitler just yet and invoke Godwins Law - we aren't done yet!

GOD CREATED ALL OF THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by psychocat
    My response is that when Creationists talk about God creating every individual species as a separate act, they always instance hummingbirds, or orchids, sunflowers and beautiful things. But I tend to think instead of a parasitic worm that is boring through the eye of a boy sitting on the bank of a river in West Africa, [a worm] that's going to make him blind. And [I ask them], 'Are you telling me that the God you believe in, who you also say is an all-merciful God, who cares for each one of us individually, are you saying that God created this worm that can live in no other way than in an innocent child's eyeball? Because that doesn't seem to me to coincide with a God who's full of mercy'

David Attenborough :thumbsup:

A god that cares about the continuation of lif must understnd better than any HUMAN could, that not every life is necessary, not every life needs be lead/lived, and not every life is beneficial to the other lives around it.

The horrid events of today might just be the precursor for the utopian events of tomorrow, but if we are to make it a reality, we must learn jsut how much of life is necessarily important to be lived, and how much of life is truly terrible to have lost.

"God" would know, better than any of us could figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by chris62008
    you see he's not just "some guy" sitting out in the clouds.. he's GOD. Something waaaaayyyy greater than ANY human. He has always been and always will be. And you just have to accept that because frankly, theres NO other explanation(?). Especiallly in "science" terms.

Speaking of talking in (BIG) circles...

"you have to, because of my logical understanding of it" is just another circle, isnt it?

""and I can PROVE there is! ... with DNA for example!""

The burden of proof rests in your hands...

How, exactly, does the existence of any matter or energy prove that someone CREATED matter and/or energy?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011