Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1564 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Global Warming Conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by TC42o
    I really don't understand why some people have such a hard time wrapping their minds around the human effects on the earth. How could the climate stay the same when when a species (like no other ever on this planet) burns resources (that were very rarely introduced in the atmosphere before the industrial revolution), cuts down the lungs of the earth (logging and all other forms of deforestation around the globe on an erroneous scale) taking away the only natural way to recycle these very chemicals back out of the atmosphere, and eradicates other species that occupy very delicate niches in ecosystems all around the earth, which in itself can offset local habitats. all this and you believe people can just go about living carelessly as we do now and expect the planet to remain unchanged forever??

--- and maybe I'm missing something, but what would be the goal of this "conspiracy theory" ---

Nothing hard to understand about it.

Everything on this planet is a product or byproduct of this planet. It's not as if some alien source came in an introduced something that was foreign to this planet to destroy it. We can do whatever we want and the earth wont give a flying fuck. We can destroy it in localized area's for us though.
    THE PLANET IS NOT A SENTIENT BEING!! It doesn't care what we do to it. Have you ever traveled 50 miles east of LA or a terribly polluted city like Saigon Vietnam? A simple 50 miles out and you can see no effect of those area's let alone ANY human activity at all. We're arrogant enough to think we can affect that which created us. How fucking arrogant is that?

And to answer your question. The goal of the conspiracy is $$$$$ Ever notice how every single thing they propose has no immediate effect and it's all from second or third world nations? They want to tax the wealthy nation so they can get the cash. Follow the money and listen to the people that are proposing the changes. Why Al Gore is the founder of carbon credits? Hmm he's profiting from this scam. Follow the money.

(naive to the ways of the real world I see).

2.   Advertisements

Oh and I almost forgot the biggest "Duh" of it all.

1. They say we need to reduce our C02 levels.
    2. Any grower does what? Increased the Co2 in their room for what reason? More growth
    3. Plants consume what?? C02
    4. Plants as a byproduct of eating Co2 emit what? OXYGEN
    5. The current Co2 levels for the planet according to C02now.org are averaging 384ppm.
    6. We do what in our grow rooms? Increase that to 1500ppm - 1800ppm

Last I checked, Oxygen is vital to every living creature on this planet.

Now is there something there I don't understand? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye
    Nothing hard to understand about it.
    Have you ever traveled 50 miles east of LA or a terribly polluted city like Saigon Vietnam? A simple 50 miles out and you can see no effect of those area's let alone ANY human activity at all. We're arrogant enough to think we can affect that which created us. How fucking arrogant is that?
    you must have never been 50 miles from l.a. or if you have you're so used to filth in the air that you think you can actually see. not only can you see california's pollution from 50 miles away, you can see it in arizona, nevada and utah.

the al gore global warming people are certainly about making money. but humans have the ability to fuck themselves quite nicely by destroying the environment that houses them. the proof is all around us. the pharmaceuticals and waste in the ground water, changes in albedo through construction/agriculture/deforestation, exotic plant and animal species introduced by man, heavy metals introduced at the source of a watershed and carried for thousands of miles downstream and thousands of other examples.

Sure....there have been some shitty things that have come from pollution....no doubt....and we should work to right those wrongs when and where we can.

Al Gore and All the other Alarmists who profitted from this hysteria should be put on trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandborn
    Sure....there have been some shitty things that have come from pollution....no doubt....and we should work to right those wrongs when and where we can.

Al Gore and All the other Alarmists who profitted from this hysteria should be put on trial.
    i have no problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by terjeSSS
    you must have never been 50 miles from l.a. or if you have you're so used to filth in the air that you think you can actually see. not only can you see california's pollution from 50 miles away, you can see it in arizona, nevada and utah.
    I lived in LA for a very long period of time. Yes I've been around and know what I'm talking about. Last time I was in Mojave, I don't recall seeing anything remotely resembling LA or anything associated with it.

Quote Originally Posted by terjeSSS
    the proof is all around us. the pharmaceuticals and waste in the ground water, changes in albedo through construction/agriculture/deforestation, exotic plant and animal species introduced by man, heavy metals introduced at the source of a watershed and carried for thousands of miles downstream and thousands of other examples.
    Last I took a drink of water it was pure and tasty. Last I recall evaporation is natures distillery, of which I also have a great deal of history with. Elements cycle, it's the natural way of things. Mater of fact. EVERYTHING that cycles in this circle of life came from where? Umm could it be, the earth? So how can the earth pollute the earth?

1. we are a product of the earth
    2. the things we use are products of the earth
    3. the byproducts of the products used by us, which are also of the earths produce what? More earth products. And correct me if I'm wrong, but everything in this scenario is from where? Mars? Venus? The Andromeda galaxy? I'm pretty sure the answer is earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandborn

Agreed. This hysteria of a global crisis is what I'm talking about. Nobody wants dirty air or water. Nobody wants to see a species die out on our account. I'm not talking about common sense solutions to obvious problems. It's the lunatics that think we're somehow invaders upon the earth bent on destroying it. In all our arrogance, we think we are powerful, but yet we can't even stop a tornado or move a storm cloud or predict an earth quake. We are still discovering new species all the time. And we claim to have the knowledge to predict a global scenario? We don't even have all the variables let alone the figures to fill the variables. The arrogance is sickening.

(deepest regrets for the programming reference, the engineer in me couldn't help it)

Quote Originally Posted by RoundEye
    I lived in LA for a very long period of time. Yes I've been around and know what I'm talking about. Last time I was in Mojave, I don't recall seeing anything remotely resembling LA or anything associated with it.

Last I took a drink of water it was pure and tasty. Last I recall evaporation is natures distillery, of which I also have a great deal of history with. Elements cycle, it's the natural way of things. Mater of fact. EVERYTHING that cycles in this circle of life came from where? Umm could it be, the earth? So how can the earth pollute the earth?

1. we are a product of the earth
    2. the things we use are products of the earth
    3. the byproducts of the products used by us, which are also of the earths produce what? More earth products. And correct me if I'm wrong, but everything in this scenario is from where? Mars? Venus? The Andromeda galaxy? I'm pretty sure the answer is earth.
    you've been in l.a. too long. i've been all over the west. the air in the mojave looks like pea soup compared to the view out my window.

also, not everything of the earth is good for you. secondly, evaporation is NOT how the earth purifies water. that would be the job of the soil. which by the way, does not filter out everything.

you seem a bit confused on how the earth works.

Actually my perspective is more global. I've lived all over the world, Vietnam, South Africa. China, all over the US varying areas of the Middle East. I've been in area's that make LA look like an eco-paradise. The result is the same and is what I have been saying. The immediate location is very affected by masses of humanity. The surrounding locales are hardly even touched.
    The argument has never been if all things in and of the earth are good for you. What kills one species doesn't kill another. The argument is weather an obviously ignorant species has the knowledge to properly determine the effects of it's own existence.

I say we don't even have the most basic understandings of the world we live in to be running around screaming that the sky is falling let alone determine that it's humans doing it or the varying level of solar activity.

But then, it's not my point to argue I was simply trying to point out that we're arrogant and ignorant and believing the voices of those that stand to profit from what they are saying is not at all intelligent.

60 degrees in Philadelphia the end of November in 09. When I was a kid the beginning of December was ice skating weather and it lasted until late February, early March. To me that shows global warming. Debate all you want, but the Mid-Atlantic states are getting warming during the winter. Short term??? I doubt it. Sell your beach front property to the naysayers. :jointsmile:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast