Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1633 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Good Doc for Backpain?

Hello everyone, I am an active member on this site and very interested in the progression of medical marijuana towards being a legal pharmaceutical. I am in college as of now, and am going to be transferring rather soon(year or 2) and am wondering if anybody here knows a good doctor that recommends MMJ for backpain. I have no medical history of backpain, but have experienced it for about 3-4 years now. It started with wrestling and then a car accident didn't make it feel any better. As an architectural major, my days consist of mainly working on a computer, which aslo doesn't help with the backpain. My question is if there are any doctors that recognize that MMJ can help my pain, and will recommend it to someone as young as myself(19 now, but when I got to VT will be about 21-22 as far as my plan goes right now). Please take this post seriously, because I am as serious as I can be.

-C
    ForgetClassC Reviewed by ForgetClassC on . Good Doc for Backpain? Hello everyone, I am an active member on this site and very interested in the progression of medical marijuana towards being a legal pharmaceutical. I am in college as of now, and am going to be transferring rather soon(year or 2) and am wondering if anybody here knows a good doctor that recommends MMJ for backpain. I have no medical history of backpain, but have experienced it for about 3-4 years now. It started with wrestling and then a car accident didn't make it feel any better. As an Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Good Doc for Backpain?

No one even has an opinion to state about this post? Nothing? No input at all?

Good Doc for Backpain?

Good Luck. Have you read the Vermont mmj law?

Good Doc for Backpain?

Yes it says it is mainly about treating cancer therapeutically, but also can be recommended for chronic pain, which as the law defines as pain that is severe and persistent and even distracting pain that has reoccurred over a period of years even though trying different/similar medicine that is typically used for the same pain relief. My only problem and thing that I cannot provide is the medical history. But what I am wondering is if my parents word will be enough. I have only gone to the hospital 1 time, that was because I have a gash under my eye that was to the bone. No medicine or anesthetics. I have had all 4 wisdom teeth taken out at once and didn't even take any of my percs(my mom took them cuz she says they are too addicting and flushed them down the toilet). And I have had the skin on my back skinned off 2 times(1st time about an 8"x12" road rash, 2nd about a 18"x20" down past the fat layer). My point is I can take pain, but my back bothers me every waking moment. I've been smoking pot for about 5 years now and my grades only went up. I am an architecture student and have a 3.0, so I'm not jsut some dumb stoner. I just want to know if I have a chance getting my MMJ card when I attend college.

Good Doc for Backpain?

Well, I"m a cronic pain sufferer for many years. My documentation is in the form of two 2" thick ring binders of medical records pertaining only to my injuries and resulting ortheo-arthritis. My physician gave me scripts for hydrocodone (10 mg, 120 a month) and Fentanyl patch (50gm every 2 days). This is major pain medication and I developed an addiction that I'm still fighting going on two years since I decided to stop. However much sense it makes to us to prefer to try MMJ over addictive opiates my physician and most others do not see it that way and will not recommend the MMJ. Pricks. I would love to be legal.

Good luck showing up with your note from your mother. My suggestion at this time would be to try California.

just my .02

Shovelhandle

Good Doc for Backpain?

Indeed. I do not have an extensive medical record such as yours, but I know if I go to the doctor's office and tell them my story they will prescribe me some sort of painkiller or something that is synthetic, and I hate that shit. I was wondering if most/many/any physicians in VT saw it the way that the people on this forum see it, including myself and obviously as you stated, yourself. Bummer, my main thing is that dealing with the addictions of synthetics/opiates, not to mention I hate the thought of what side effects might come of it. Herbal just seems so much more legit. If it grows, and helps when grown, my not use? I would go to Cali or something of the sort but that is just too far away from home.

Good Doc for Backpain?

hello my two cents on what I do know here in Vermont. First are you plannign on moving for school right? now onw thing I know about how the MJ med laws are here in vermont are as followed first you have to be in good standing with your doctor for at least 6 month before they can sign for you also you have to have tried every other type of med. treatment for your health issue such as tried every dam pain pill out there, phy. Therpary, pain mangement, (which is no fun becuse the frist thing they always want to try if you have back problems is to do injection into your back NO FUN) Or they want you to try just about any pain pill out oh yes they get you hooked on them too! then maybe they may sign for you! for painmangement it has been left very foggy for us. SO I am still educating my doctor and hopefully maybe be signing my card here soon!

peace
    Twisted Sister

Good Doc for Backpain?

See that's what I was wondering, if anyone knew any doctor's that actually would recommend mj, NOT as a last resort, because they understood the medicinal qualities of mj and see past the long term illegality of it just because the big guys said no, and would recommend it before the heavy heavy pain killers because of its less severe side-effects compared to the pain killers.

Maybe it will change in the next few years. Hopefully for the better nation-waide.

-C

Good Doc for Backpain?

Hello all!My name is Ian & I reside in VT.I am also apart of the VTMMJ registry using cannabis for back pain. My pain stems from a bullet lodged next to my spine as well as 5 comp. discs. I also am an advocate & self appointed lobbiest for med. mar in Vt just returning from the State House in efforts of passing 3 bills. Ok, a few things,first one need not a patient/doctor bonified relationship of 6Mo or more to apply to be apart of the registry though it is a huge help! 2nd contact me regarding the specific doctor question as not all doctors believe in signing a "consent form".
    Any other questions you may have contactmyself or visit the following site... VALID brings citizens together to examine and improve Vermont’s current drug policies and laws
    I am also working on the Medical Cannabis Cooperative of Vermont or MCCVT. My contact is [email protected]
    Good luck and feel free to contact me regarding anything in regards to this topic, medical marijuana in vermont.