Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1663 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

How to smoke with less cough?

I need some help here. Mrs. McToker is having a heck of a problem with "burning" our medication. We have all sorts of glass pipes, papers and a bong. The problem is that the Mrs. has incredible coughing spells after a good hit. She doesn't like the bong. Never has. There is no difference, for her, between a joint and a pipe. I stopped by our local shop and bought a cheap water pipe. Now, her coughing doesn't start until the second hit. Better, but still not acceptable.

I've researched vaporizors and decided that while I like the Purple Days (PD) I don't want to wait over 2 months to get one. That leaves the Vapor Brothers Hands Free. But, the Mrs. won't let me spend $165 on one.

Any suggestions on what kind of appliance or method, other than vaporizors, that will lessen the impact on her throat?

Thanks,

McT
    McToker Reviewed by McToker on . How to smoke with less cough? I need some help here. Mrs. McToker is having a heck of a problem with "burning" our medication. We have all sorts of glass pipes, papers and a bong. The problem is that the Mrs. has incredible coughing spells after a good hit. She doesn't like the bong. Never has. There is no difference, for her, between a joint and a pipe. I stopped by our local shop and bought a cheap water pipe. Now, her coughing doesn't start until the second hit. Better, but still not acceptable. I've Rating: 5

2. The Following 1 Users Say Thank You to McToker For This Useful Post:
    [ Click To Expand ]

Ninja_leaf (02-12-2018)

3.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by McToker
    Any suggestions on what kind of appliance or method, other than vaporizors, that will lessen the impact on her throat?
    Edibles or a THC tincture is all I can come up with.

If price is the issue on a vap (which is the "healthiest" way to smoke), I would look at this vap:
    Digital Vaporizer Herbal Vaporizer +Free 3pc Grinder BK - eBay (item 170373335773 end time Nov-15-09 21:54:01 PST)

40 bux total for vap + grinder...such a good deal that I'm getting one in about a month

Vaporizers will help, as will higher quality weed, properly dried and cured, and flushed completely if chemmed or just straight organic.

Curing makes such a difference.

The edible stuff doesn't interest the Mrs. The herb is already pretty high quality, AK-47 and Blue Apollo. They were flushed before harvest and cured well. She does better with the AK-47 but the Blue Apollo really sets off her coughing. Neither bothers me at all as far as coughing goes.

After the research I've done I think we'll pass on the eBay vapes. If we end up getting one it will most likey be the Vapor Brothers. I'm still pushing her towards the vape. She can be one tough customer, though.

In the meantime, I just bought her a bag of cough drops.

buy better weed man, if its not smooth its not worth the money imo.

I cough every time I take a hit...the amount I cough is dependant upon how big of hit I take..if this is high quality marijuana, which if you're medical I would say it is, tell her to take a small hit and just hold it in for about five seconds..I'll usually get one real good hit and choke to get me started, then I take it easy after I get the onset from the first one..

Look into diffusion for your bong. I don't know what type or size, but you get get downstems diffused for like 10 bux and a nice diffused ash-catcher for like 50. Now my buddy has a fixed stem tree with circulator toro, with a toro trashcatcher and a phathead inline, now thats smooth, but also cost $1300. Diffusion makes the difference though.

Protip: Drink some water.

Altmode: Make a lightbulb vape. All you need is a big lightbulb, a candle, some weed to vape, a bottle cap and two straws.
    Exacto knife always helps.

if using a bong, or water pipe, put HOT water in it ... that's right, HOT water ! ... just do it, you'll see :thumbsup:

Second on the hot water idea, found that one out after deciding to pour my green tea into the bong. Its like warm aroma therapy,... then you get stoned!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast