Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1553 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

How to smoke with less cough?

This an old trick I learned as a teenager. When you smoke keep a cold drink in reach so if or when you choke & cough quickly take a drink. It has always worked for me, well enough that I've used that trick for 34 years.:smokin:

If your a big hitter never leave stale smoke in the chamber for the next person, especially with a large bowl.

3.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by McToker
    I need some help here. Mrs. McToker is having a heck of a problem with "burning" our medication. We have all sorts of glass pipes, papers and a bong. The problem is that the Mrs. has incredible coughing spells after a good hit. She doesn't like the bong. Never has. There is no difference, for her, between a joint and a pipe. I stopped by our local shop and bought a cheap water pipe. Now, her coughing doesn't start until the second hit. Better, but still not acceptable.

I've researched vaporizors and decided that while I like the Purple Days (PD) I don't want to wait over 2 months to get one. That leaves the Vapor Brothers Hands Free. But, the Mrs. won't let me spend $165 on one.

Any suggestions on what kind of appliance or method, other than vaporizors, that will lessen the impact on her throat?

Thanks,

McT
    Buy a vaporizer, you inhale only the THC and water vapor is expelled, the burning usually comes from the micro/macro nutrients when growing and without properly curing the bud

GG23

Have you ever tried Water Curing your meds? It will lose flavor and smell... but the upside is that there is no harshness to the smoke - cleaner then vaping

Coughing is an important body defense mechanism of the airways. When something blocks the air passages, the body immediately attempts to expel the substance by forcing out air in the lungs under high pressure. What you have to do is get used to inhaling. The way to do this is to take a small puff, and inhale very slowly. When you start to feel the urge to cough, hold your breath and try really hard to not cough. When the feeling passes, exhale the smoke, and do it again. If you do this for just 4 or 5 puffs, trying hard to not cough, you should be able to easily inhale without coughing.

smallers tokes

Quote Originally Posted by Thizz All Day
    Vaporizers will help, as will higher quality weed, properly dried and cured, and flushed completely if chemmed or just straight organic.

Curing makes such a difference.
    x2 imp:

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Crow
    I have used cannabis for over 40 years. Before I got my VB, my lungs were a mess. Less than 2 weeks after getting the VB, my lungs were perfectly clear and no more morning cough! Now the only time my lungs give me trouble is when I use my pipe! I have used my VB daily for over 3 years with no problems. :thumbsup:

A friend of mine is a severe asthmatic. She "got legal" about a year ago. Every time she smoked she'd cough and cough. I let her try my VB. She took a small hit. Then a bigger one and SMILED! We were ordering her a VB about 5 minutes later!

The "knock offs" of the VB that I have seen are junk! Don't even bother! The VB is sturdy, quiet and very much worth the every penny! Get it!

In the meantime, why not look into "water curing" your cannabis to create a smoother smoke? Won't have much flavor, but will be easy to toke!

Granny :hippy:

:hippy::hippy::hippy:

Quote Originally Posted by McToker
    I need some help here. Mrs. McToker is having a heck of a problem with "burning" our medication. We have all sorts of glass pipes, papers and a bong. The problem is that the Mrs. has incredible coughing spells after a good hit. She doesn't like the bong. Never has. There is no difference, for her, between a joint and a pipe. I stopped by our local shop and bought a cheap water pipe. Now, her coughing doesn't start until the second hit. Better, but still not acceptable.

I've researched vaporizors and decided that while I like the Purple Days (PD) I don't want to wait over 2 months to get one. That leaves the Vapor Brothers Hands Free. But, the Mrs. won't let me spend $165 on one.

Any suggestions on what kind of appliance or method, other than vaporizors, that will lessen the impact on her throat?

Thanks,

McT
    A diffuser attachment for a bong will help a great deal in minimizing the coughing and harshness. Check out portable vaporizer Micro G which will be less harsh.

Wooden pipes seem to make me cough less, especially the ones from like the 50's with the chain attached to the metal cover that goes over the bowl.
    JESUS HAD DREADS....SO SHAKE EM\'!!!! 1LOVE:rastasmoke:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast