Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1816 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Water Exchange

When doing water exchange how do you keep the plants happy?

Should some excess water be left in the AeroFLo 36 growing chambers?

How long can plants go without any water on their roots?

What is the best method for keeping plants happy during water exchange?
    SunLake Reviewed by SunLake on . Water Exchange When doing water exchange how do you keep the plants happy? Should some excess water be left in the AeroFLo 36 growing chambers? How long can plants go without any water on their roots? What is the best method for keeping plants happy during water exchange? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Water Exchange

oh come on, someone needs to have something to say. is an hour too long for your plants to go without any water?

Water Exchange

no 1 hour aint long . if depend on your feeding . my timer is set on every 3 hours. so there for my plant dont need water until every 3 hour so it can last that long . u will know or see when your plant is gone to long with out water. hope this help

Water Exchange

Thanks for the reply. I'm using aero ponics so it's a little different but generally the same concept. So you go for 3 hours with no water and then how long with water? Do you have a grow log?

Water Exchange

What ever your feeding schedule is will determine how long they can go with out water. i would water them before u change the res. so u have some time to get things mixed and ready for the next watering. I use drip every 3 hours for 15mins. But the bigger the plants get i will cut down on off time. It shouldnt take more then an hour to dump ur res clean it and get it refilled and mixed. Personally i would flush the roots get clean water and dump it at the base of every plant to wash out build up, and then start the process. Once ur done hit the timer on. mine take about 4-5 hours to dry up, but the bigger the faster. Don't make it harder then it is, just do it. :jointsmile:

Water Exchange

how often to water will be specific to ur grow set up, u need to find a middle ground where ur not over watering, or under watering. If u have time to test it out, turn ur pump on for 15 mins, and then unplug it, check back periodically until u see the roots are starting to dry up, now u know when the pump needs to go back on. When the plant grows and start to flower i would water more frequently as the plant will absorb more. When i hit week 3 in flower my drippers are on for 15 and off for 45, i used to run them 24/7 but i realized it wasn't necessary.

Water Exchange

I'm using Aeroponic AeroFLo 36 and the manual says to leave it running. It supposedly has it's own built in intervals in the pump?

Water Exchange

If you are running Aero then I would say 24/7. Since Areo's closest cousin would be DWC and we all know it bad when the air pump dies
    If you have something productive to say by all means speak up, if not then please close the hole under your nose.
    Grow in Progress - Forced into retirement, advise only.:detective1: ........................................ maybe
    All pictures are either computer generated or \"found\" on the web.