Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1891 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

BD's CFL peakseed adventure!

Well folks, like stated in my other grow, I have a little winter project to keep me busy. I was inspired by Bodoms DIY rubbermaid, so I figured why not build one for myself! Well I did just that. Initially I had planned on trying to spend as little as possible, but I quickly found out that I didn't have very much around the house. I had to buy;

the rubbermaids(13.50 each, wallymart),
    the 3 light bar and y-splitters(8.99 + 1.99ea, home dePOT)
    2 23w cfl 4 packs, 2700k & 6500k (~12.00ea, home dePOT)
    1 roll aluminum tape (5.99, home dePOT)
    2 emergency blankets (.99c each, wallymart)
    2 new 120mm cpu fans, Scythe brand, 1 120cfm, 1 63cfm (~15.00ea, local computer store)
    a few different sized pots and soil (~15.00 wallymart)
    heavy duty timer (20.00, wallymart)
    2 pvc 90deg elbows (3.00ea, canadian tire)
    AN Sensi bloom 2 part (50.00, local shop)

So total is ~175 bucks, heres what I had.

Duct tape, lots of it
    145w used PSU
    heavy duty extension cord
    1 120mm cpu fan
    veg nutes
    a random batch of Peakseeds seeds

I germed 1 peakseed bean on aug 31st. I was a little discouraged as it took a good 3 days to pop its tail outta its shell, but a little sandpaper and patience paid off. Here is some pics of the box itself, and the bean on Sept. 13th. The plan is veg till I feel its large enough and LST/FIM.
    bonedaddy420 Reviewed by bonedaddy420 on . BD's CFL peakseed adventure! Well folks, like stated in my other grow, I have a little winter project to keep me busy. I was inspired by Bodoms DIY rubbermaid, so I figured why not build one for myself! Well I did just that. Initially I had planned on trying to spend as little as possible, but I quickly found out that I didn't have very much around the house. I had to buy; the rubbermaids(13.50 each, wallymart), the 3 light bar and y-splitters(8.99 + 1.99ea, home dePOT) 2 23w cfl 4 packs, 2700k & 6500k (~12.00ea, Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

The first 2 pics are the plant nearly a month later, these pics are from Oct. 1st, This is when I started to LST(notice the yellowed leaves, I had not fed any nutes yet, so it was quickly remedied). The next 3 pics are from the 5th, as you can see, things are bending nicely.:thumbsup: I also FIM'med her around the 4th or 5th.

The next 2 pics are from Oct. 8th, as you can see, LST has this little lady spreading nicely. The next two pics are from Oct. 18th, and they are of the preflowers!! I transplanted that day, and let veg for another 2 days. I will update this tomorrow when I can snap some pics, 3 days into flowering and its already started to pop up. Anyways, as always comments are appreciated! Hope you all enjoy the show:stoned:

Oh yeah I am running 5 2700k 23w CFLs and 1 6500k for flowering, FYI.

Well here is what she looks like today, 4 days into 12/12. Bushing out really nice, and the multiple tops from where I FIM'med are really starting to shoot out. I put a couple ties on it as it was quite uneven canopy wise, which I figure I'm gonna have to do throughout flowering to maximize my space. The tub she is in is a 19L dish tub, so its right under 5 gals for capacity, and it fits perfect in my box. Enjoy!:stoned:

damn fine looking lady you've got there BD!

nice rig too!

-shake

Thanks for stopping in Headshake! I appreciate the kind words, as for the box, I figure if I were to build another, I would just paint it instead of using the emergency blankets, as I had to cut them to fit the sides, and then after I had done one rubbermaid, found out I needed 2 layers to really hold the light in, so I had to cut again. Twas a P.I.T.A. but a lesson learned!

Anyways I hope you stay tuned, I was pretty dissapointed in my first grow, but I was up for a new challange and I am confident that this will be the start of a "growing" trend for me, lol.

Looking good man, nicely trained plant.

Hey Loafy, I'm trying out the LST for the first time and man, its freakin great! I am really looking forward to seeing some buds forming, but still, just 2 days after my last pics, here she is today, really starting to fill out:dance:. Enjoy!

Sexy grow box

And FYI, we are all 'looking forward to seeing some buds forming' !!

good growing!
    :stoned:

Update! My little darling is doing just fine, temps are great, humidity is great, and shes poppin' pistils and filling out the box! I was a little concerned that the tub might be holding water, but I haven't noticed any ill effects or signs, so I feel pretty good about it. Alright well on with the pics!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast