Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1530 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Flowering in greenhouse in Ireland

Hi, I have just 2 females growing in a greenhouse in Ireland. They've been in the pre-flowering stage and now, with the decrease in natural light in Ireland, have now entered the flowering stage. But I have a couple of questions:

1) From what I can tell, we are now getting less than 12 hours of daylight and that's only going to decrease (the only guide to daylight I could find). It will be about 10 hours of daylight in a week. So, can the plants continue to flower at the 10/14 (daylight/dark) ratio or will they die?

2) Though the buds can't get rained on in the greenhouse, do I still need to make arrangements so they won't be damaged by mould? Should I look into putting in a small electric heater at night?

Many thanks for any assistance you can offer this newbie.
    DroneRock Reviewed by DroneRock on . Flowering in greenhouse in Ireland Hi, I have just 2 females growing in a greenhouse in Ireland. They've been in the pre-flowering stage and now, with the decrease in natural light in Ireland, have now entered the flowering stage. But I have a couple of questions: 1) From what I can tell, we are now getting less than 12 hours of daylight and that's only going to decrease (the only guide to daylight I could find). It will be about 10 hours of daylight in a week. So, can the plants continue to flower at the 10/14 Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

dont worry about the natural light man. they will take care of themselves..if it gets cold on certain evenings and feels like a frost in the morning u might want to go with a small heater..:thumbsup:
    any pics

i've heard you should put a fan into greenhouse to keep the air moving (helps stop mould or something), what do you think fourkicks?
    My little plastic green house grow turned nasty last week due to mould, but it's all a learning curve.

Thanks lads. I received similar advice elsewhere about the heater and fan at night for mould so I will definitely put them in place.

No photos right now as I don't have a digital camera. Which is a pity, because the fan leaves have been yellowing for some time now and I don't know why. I'm certain it's not insects or a lack of water, though it could be a lack of nutrients. However, I've also read that yellowing can start to occur naturally in the flowering stage, and my plants have been in that stage for about three weeks now. Any thoughts?

The pistils continue to sprout up but there's no sign of the buds to emerge and begin to resemble the ones you see in photos of harvests. I'm kinda expecting my buds to be smaller, due to the far from ideal conditions for growing and also due to the possible disease/nutrient deficiency I mentioned earlier. Will let you know how things progress in the coming weeks. Thanks again.

yea eddie im the same as you .. this is my first year outdoors.. i started off with a few but couldnt look after them so i gave two away.this is the last one . its early misty. looking good so far:thumbsup:

i have it covered with perspex on rainy days and take it in to the porch each night... i havnt noticed any signs of mould ,but im on the watch...

you should post a few threads on outdoor growing eddie, they can tell you more about preventing mould..
    but if you have a heater and a fan on are you just blowing hot air around the green house(horse saddle )

are you going to be able to salvage any of that plant with the mould..hope so man:rastasmoke:

Oh Dear My hard work ruined but a lesson learned (Grow XXX low berry seeds suck).

dear oh dear, tragic!
    i have Grow XXX Lowryders, only 2 germinated out of a packof 5. they do seem to suck!