Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1328 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Harvest Early due to MITES?

i just found today that my plants have what appears to be mites. i sprayed them with a solution of lemon juice, apple vinegar, water and baking soda but i have a feeling it will not work well. from what ive read theyre a pain in the ass to get rid of. im maybe 2 or 3 weeks from harvest. what should i do?
    CVKush Reviewed by CVKush on . Harvest Early due to MITES? i just found today that my plants have what appears to be mites. i sprayed them with a solution of lemon juice, apple vinegar, water and baking soda but i have a feeling it will not work well. from what ive read theyre a pain in the ass to get rid of. im maybe 2 or 3 weeks from harvest. what should i do? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

your concoction might burn their little eyes, but doubtful it will get rid of them ... hang up a 'No-Pest strip' immediately ... if very close to harvest, no need to bother, the plant is going to die, anyway, and not affect the smoke ... good luck :smokin:

Neem is systemic so maybe a little Neem in with your next few waterings and/or spray the leaves but not the flowers. 2-3 weeks and the Neem will be out of the plant's system and it also has anti fungal properties so it might help ward off bud rot.
    Voting GOP this year is like giving the keys back to the drunk driver that wrecked the economy when they show no remorse for their actions and haven\'t even sobered up yet.

Can you smoke left over webs and spider mites? How heavily does it affect taste? Thanks for any info regarding this question. Sue

Quote Originally Posted by suewilson7
    Can you smoke left over webs and spider mites? How heavily does it affect taste? Thanks for any info regarding this question. Sue
    you wouldn't even know the little bastards were in there , but you'll sure know that stinkass neem oil is ... I hate that stuff :wtf:

Get a No Pest Strip ASAP. I am pretty sure that mites will stay on the buds after harvest. Put them in an enclosed room with a No Pest Strip and they will be dead in a day or two. Personally, I wouldn't want to smoke buds with bugs. Remember how bad ants smell when you burn them with a magnifying glass?

Quote Originally Posted by CVKush
    i just found today that my plants have what appears to be mites. i sprayed them with a solution of lemon juice, apple vinegar, water and baking soda but i have a feeling it will not work well. from what ive read theyre a pain in the ass to get rid of. im maybe 2 or 3 weeks from harvest. what should i do?
    Spray a solution of neem oil concentrate, water, and a little dish soap in the late afternoon and the bugs should go away. This is what worked for me, however I was growing outdoors

Peace,

-rider