Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1602 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Aquaponics-Success Story

I started my fish training as stated earlier. I am beginning the process of "dog and pony" training for my fish. Together with my fish I am going to grow some good medicine.

Aquaponics-Success Story

Haha thats great... What are the benefits of the training?

Aquaponics-Success Story

The benefits are I can pet the fish whenever I feed em

Aquaponics-Success Story

lol... Thought you were going to bust out with some crazy science behind it. Pretty fish! Awww...

Aquaponics-Success Story

Just read everything.
    Thanks for sharing!

6.   Advertisements

Aquaponics-Success Story

wanted to check in with you guys and see whats up. anyone done a venturi yet? how about hydroxyl radicals? any logical analysis to speak of?

please keep me informed i would love to share more information with those interested....

E
    :thumbsup:

Aquaponics-Success Story

Meet the Koi Room.

1000W High Freq Mixed Metals VEG
    400W High Freq Sodium BLOOM
    420nm 450nm 650nm 700nm LEDs at intermittent freq. +
    Eco 20W Emergency Light for Blackouts (Circuited through timer and No-Break).
    Timer 1200W
    IN + OUT Fan 4" 70CFM [120m3/hr] (IN not enough. Temps climbing, will have to upgrade.)
    Carbon - Door (Wood) Air Filter
    Tower Fan
    12V Fan Straight to Lamp [Need another one for the ballasts.]
    Power Box 30Amps Heavy Duty cable straight to the JUICE.
    No- Break 180Joules
    50l FISHTANK [3 Long veiled KOI 20-25cm]
    130l RES [2 River Turtles 1 - 1.5 kg]
    25l NUTETANK
    40l [2 x 20l] Water Bottles System (WBS) @ the plant base and oxygenation chamber.
    Grow Room 1.8 mts x 1.5 mts x [33.6degrees Inclined Roof from 40cm to 1.5mts]
    Bio Filter
    2 x Power Filter
    Air Pump Filter
    2 Air Pumps
    6 x Water Feeding tees and tubing.
    6 x Heavy Duty Plumbers Net Pots
    Coco Fiber
    Lava Rock
    Cork Circles
    Water Pump Electronic Control (Basic, so basic.)
    Bolt Lock!

Genetics:

An Amsterdam Seeders DERBY!

3 x Joint Doctors Lowryder Easy Ryder VS 3 x Nirvana Bubblelicious
    Both feminized + auto.

Grow [KOI!] Room has been given a thick coat of primar (water-humidity proof light reflectant), and several coats of chrome and bright white spray paint, after being cured with 1:9 Chlorine H2O and a Chemical War of Residential Insecticide. Fitted with metal hooks pretty much everywere. It has direct tubing for air circulation from the outside, pulling fresh cool air from a very high very polluted city (CO2). Power Filter in the

FISHTANK pulling air directly from same line, helps "charging" and cooling the water. Bio Filter. 3 Long Veiled KOI fish being fed: 33% Raw Protein 2.5% Raw Fat 4.5% Raw Fiber 0.9% Phosphorus 200mg/kg Absorbic Acid [Good for PH - ] River Rock at the bottom housing bacteria, previously curated in white vinegar [highly recommended]. Water comes out of FISHTANK to WBS [plants] through feeding line to 6x Drips. FISHTANK is being pumped water from RES.

RES is a 120l heavy duty black plastic rectangular with lid, covered in foil. 2 Turtles being fed pretty much the same, plus live tiny fish, and dried shrimp. Water is being pumped [Italian Mini Aqua Pump] to the FISHTANK and gravity feeding from RES to the NUTETANK with gauge. Water in, receiving the excess water from the WBS and NUTETANK circulation through an air pumped, rock, carbon, and fiber, water filter. Power Filter.

NUTETANK is 25l cinammon taped, electric taped, foiled, unicel [WBS the same]. Light and temp INSULATION! Aquarium water pump in it feeding the WBS at intervals. Water coming in, gravity excess from WBS. Air Bubble Stone. Excess water coming out of NUTETANK (gauge) to RES only at times were no or very low NUTE concentrations present. This water build up, created by the drip system, will be pretty much eliminated when plants start drinking, and it can also be stored and recirculated.

WBS. Took a couple of reusable drinking water 20l hard plastic bottles, chopped the head off. Find some fitting for tubing, and with loads of epoxy, silicon tape, and patience join them @ the neck, horizontally. Make 6 holes @ 33.6 degrees (if you're not a wirdo like me growing kind of sideways do them at 90 degrees naturally). Measure the radio of the net pots you got from the PLUMBING department, those thing they sell you for plants wont hold the monters we're intending to grow and wont give better stability to WBS once fitted in. Make the holes, be very careful, this was probably the dodgiest part. Corporations loose $ if you fuck with those bottles, so they are indeed ideal because the're inherently strong. If you find a way of cutting through it smoothly let me know. I used a machine wood saw and electric pliers, painful. Use a power drill to make little holes for air bubble stones tubing. Another pair of wholes, caliber of your tubing, at the 0,0 point of the x-y plane of the base of the bottle, or measure the depth of your netpots and do accordingly, always thinking water level about 1 " under pots. I made the cuttings in a way that the nadler is at the bottom of the WBS, fit an air stone in each of them, and an air line in the "necking", remember oxygenation is always better little by little [- cm3 per unit of time per stone times the watert flow]. Fit the netpots. I filled them with half - half lava rock and coco fiber,previously curated in chlorine, then vinegar, recommended. Find some kind of base for the WBS that will prevent it from rolling and will pick up any leakage water. Fit the water dripping tees to the each pot.

Flexible air tubing is pulling hot air from the lamp, through a carbon filter made out of some drying machine box part into a hollow door and then out to my apartment. 12 V fan blowing straight at back of lamp. Tower OSC fan. TEMP still a problem even though air coming in is nice and cool. Rarely reaching 90F!!! Usually around 80ish. Water temp not 2 bad, 60 - 70 F.

PH in the system will be a sacrifice to hydro culture but a break to da fishies. Neutral, dead 7. I do lower any water coming in to 6.5, tends to balance. Can lower it in the NUTETANK-WBS later on for better NUTE absorption, will see.

Germinated [D-DAY: October 21st 2010] the seeds in FIJI artesian water 7.8PH 14Magnesium 152Bicarbonates 91Silica 18Calcium! TDS 220. A bit edgy! start. Washed and microwaved a couple of glass cups. Poured FIJI in them while still warm. 3 Easy @ 1 + 3 Bubblelicius @ the other. Covered them with an alluminium jar with a hole on it covered with a a napkin soaked in FIJI to keep the very dry air from the heater from going in. 20hrs 80F 4hrs 85F. 6/6 Germination. Placed them 1cm into the Coco. Ryders on the left bottle, bubbles on the right bottle, ting ting ting!. Covered with natural cork circles. Started 20/4 Light Cycle (Mixed Metals) that will go ALL THE WAY (change to HPS @ bloom). Hopefuly they're all indeed autos.
    Tomorrow will start feeding the turtles icecubes made with a juice [Dr. Flora's Home Steroid Formula, re-pre-sent, lol] of Weeping Willow Leaves and Nodes, Sushi Seaweed, and Natural Chuncky Bee Honey. Boil, rest, boil, coffee filter. Test 4 PH! Mine tends to + that's why I - the refills. That with fishie water is all until I see some STRONG leaves [levees! lol, fuck da system], bout a week I guess. Then we'll go the way of the seven, 7-7-7 with .02B, .05Cu, .10Fe, .08Mn, .05Z about 5ml per liter +-20%. Also 2gr/10lts of a powder hydro organic mixture with no readings, but tested with great results. For veg. Will replace (combine??? too much?? dilude???) 7-7-7 with 5ml/lt 5.24-4.40-13.68 for Bloom, and augment animal feedings.

Still working on the LEDs intermittent light, will comment later.

OBJECTIVE:

1. Demonstrate that a 1st time grower can have great results with proper preparation.
    2. 0.5K = Total moneyback [2000usd +-10%]. Hoping to satisfy smoking medical dossage necessities [1ounce/week] with 6 plants perpetual grow.

Will pull the REFLEX out to give you all some high quality images of this process.

Hoping to hear from all of you, help, advice, discussion, will be inmensly appreciated.

Cheers 4 ur time,

peace.

Dr. Flora

+ Kate (Pregnant?), Vicky, Lindsay [KOI] (Weren't eating at first, rekoned were anorexic, lol)
    + Peel-E, Curtis. [Turtles]
    + London [Cat] She helps with da bugz! + da + vibrations.
    + 6 foxy ladies.

Aquaponics-Success Story

I used rainwater barrels to build an aquaponic system , the tanks around 30 or 40 gallons, and has around 10-15 goldfish, I add some fishemulsion kelp, bat guano, bonemeal. For a more nutrient rich solution. Near by the tank is a worm bin that I add to the water time to time. The plants I have not grown huge, but smell and look great. I think part of the problem is water temperature(growing in night time temps of 35-55) in greenhouse, lack of light , nutrient ppm, and potentially PH monitoring. Any suggestions?

YouTube - aquaponics

Aquaponics-Success Story

doing a small scale experiment with 15gal tank, 5 gal grow bed. system seems stable, but pH drops as water evaporates. feeder fish seem to be fine all the way down to 5.0, but most of the (feeder) goldfish go belly up at anything below 6, it seems. i let the pH go down to about 5.3, then top off the res with some hard tap water and some pH up if necessary to 7.0. current population is about 30 feeders and 10 goldfish.

couple of questions for you guys.

i'm a first-time grower and trying different methods: soil/orgo, bubble buckets, aero/fog, and aquaponic. everything's got its ups and downs, but overall things are going well with the exception of the bubble buckets. i'm not running chillers so temps are around 75F. out of 6 buckets, 2 are flourishing, but 4 were infected by slime due after i added some beneficial brew to them. after dipping everything in bleach water (including baskets and roots), 2 recovered beautifully, 1 died, and 1 is surviving. some people swear by adding bennie tea to hydro, but i'm going to stick with sterile using H2O2 and bleaching out the buckets every once in a while. i'm getting a little off-topic...

now the aquaponic experiment is going really well. it's so little maintenance and growth really blows me away. also works great as a cloner. just stick it and forget it! planning to run a suckit bucket off of the fish tank. have you guys done this? seems like it should work: same ebb/flow type setup. if the aquaponic suckit bucket works well, i'm planning to convert all of my bubble buckets over.

another question is how to add potassium organically. i buried a sliver of banana peel in the grow bed the other day. i've been away, so i'm not sure how well it's decomposing, but is there any reason not to do this?

last question: i think i came across a video on youtube a while ago of a guy saying he had added (or was going to add) compost worms to the grow bed. supposedly, they can tolerate wet environments. any idea how to integrate compost worms or a compost bin/bed into the system?

thanks in advance!

Aquaponics-Success Story

well i am very interested in this aquaponics and looking to get any help to get me started with building me a system and maintaining it. I am all for the organic side of things and would love to grow not only medical but vegetables also for me and my family if aquaponic herb is still around or anybody who can steer me in the right direction please respond thanks

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast