Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1532 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

leaves turning brown, smelly..?? help?!

not sure why this is happening

60+ days veg

mg liquafeed.. half a capful per 40oz.. split between 40 kids, and supplimented with pH 6.8 water.. solution is the same..

not sure what the runoff is, havent checked..
    soil.. i water every other day..

plant looks like that because of lst, twisting..
    sheist Reviewed by sheist on . leaves turning brown, smelly..?? help?! not sure why this is happening 60+ days veg mg liquafeed.. half a capful per 40oz.. split between 40 kids, and supplimented with pH 6.8 water.. solution is the same.. not sure what the runoff is, havent checked.. soil.. i water every other day.. plant looks like that because of lst, twisting.. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

those plants are 60 days + and still in styro cups? first you need to flush out your soil with ph water then do a transplant. break up the roots a little bit if severely rootbound and water. b1 will help the root shock. ease off the nutes also untill they start looking better.

agree with above post^^^
    i had mines in styro cups too theyre doin way better since i repotted them in bigger pots. i also used a b vitamin complex on the roots and it helped them alot.

Yeah, most definitely gotta repot those, there are probably few nutrients left in the soil, and the container is so small that you can't water often enough without drowning the plant completely. the water has to have somewhere to drain, it's probably all stagnant under the surface in those styrofoam cups after 60+ days of vegging and no drainage.

You've probly got root rot on a giant root ball with hardly any soil left under the surface. That may be why in the third pic it looks like the leaves towards the bottom are dying and the leaves on top aren't. The plant can move nutrients from its bottom leaves to it's top leaves which get more sun and are more important if there aren't enough nutrients to go around. Your plant needs good, fresh clean soil and in those styrofoam cups after 60 days the soil is bound to be rancid. You should repot your plant in clean, rich soil mixed with perlite to help it's roots breathe and to help prevent damage from overwatering. Personally, I would stop giving them the liquifeed at least until their roots have recovered.

If you can't afford new pots, use two litre plastic bottles with the top cut off, they're nice and tall so the roots can burrow and you can punch holes in the bottom and put another piece of recycled plastic down there to act as a saucer so that your soil can drain. Then when you see the saucer is full you can just take it out from underneath and dump the excess water out, wait your normal period and water again, because you have drainage. You'll want construction paper or newspaper wrapped around your two litre bottles if they are clear though, because your plants roots can be damaged by the light.

Best of luck with them.

yeah that was the idea, the 2ltr thing.. i have 3 left like that, the others are in the soda bottles wit the bottoms cut off.. there are holes poked on the bottom of the wall and underside of the styro cup, so they did have some kind of drainage.. i had a plant that was already in a 1gal pot.. but 2days after feeding it wilted completely over and died within a day.. i didnt even have enuff time to get responses on the issue when i posted, let alone act on the suggestions when they came in..