Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1709 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which type and how much butane do you use to make BHO?

When making BHO what type of butane do you use, how many times has it been refined, and how many ounces?

Is triple refined good enough, or do I need to find a more refined one?

I saw a 12 pack of 3 oz cans of colibri premium butane for $75. Seems pricey to me but I don't know how much it usually should go for. Plus if I need to use 3 or 4 cans I don't think it would really be worth it.
    jebus2029 Reviewed by jebus2029 on . Which type and how much butane do you use to make BHO? When making BHO what type of butane do you use, how many times has it been refined, and how many ounces? Is triple refined good enough, or do I need to find a more refined one? I saw a 12 pack of 3 oz cans of colibri premium butane for $75. Seems pricey to me but I don't know how much it usually should go for. Plus if I need to use 3 or 4 cans I don't think it would really be worth it. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Actually just google searched for it and found a forum with this:

I found a way to test if your butane is pure or not.

Spray a spurt on a mirror and if after it dries there is a "smelly crusty" residue it is not the type of butane you want to be using.

The "type" of butane you want is "N-BUTANE"

the cheap "toxic" type is "ISOBUTANE"

some brands that are good:
    COLIBRI, NEWPORT, CORA, CTC, COLTON, DUNHILL, DAVIDOFF, FACKELMAN, WIN, NIBO, SAROME, CALOR GAS MATCH, UNILIGHT, K2, SUPERGAS, VENTTI, VECTOR

Also, here is a guide for how much butane to use with how much skuff ot bud

Plant Material-|-Recommended amount Butane-|-Estimated Yield
    1oz High quality bud-|-12oz-|-3-6g
    1oz Average bud-|-10oz-|-2-4g
    1oz low grade bud-|-9oz-|-2-3g
    1oz high quality trim leaves-|-12oz-|-3-5g
    1oz trim & leaves-|-10oz-|-2-4g
    1oz fan leaves-|-8oz-|-1-2g

So does this sound like it is right? I'm probably going to use some decent bud. Not top shelf but not crap either. And only an eighth or a quarter. So a can of about 3 oz would be good enough for either of those amounts right? I have always seen videos where they use a few cans and it doesn't start running out the pipe until the 2nd can.

Quote Originally Posted by jebus2029
    When making BHO what type of butane do you use, how many times has it been refined, and how many ounces?

Is triple refined good enough, or do I need to find a more refined one?

I saw a 12 pack of 3 oz cans of colibri premium butane for $75. Seems pricey to me but I don't know how much it usually should go for. Plus if I need to use 3 or 4 cans I don't think it would really be worth it.

If you get caught doing this say goodbye to freedom as this process is treated the same as cooking meth or processing coke/heroin.
    There is no medical defense for this process.

Do bubblebags of hash or green dragon if you want to make concentrates.
    Voting GOP this year is like giving the keys back to the drunk driver that wrecked the economy when they show no remorse for their actions and haven\'t even sobered up yet.

well auctually making hash or possesing it at all is a felony regardless of the method.its considerd manufactured cannabis.but for the question at hand,using butane really is a waste of time and money,plus the out come is pretty weak.u can buy great bubble hash for less than it would cost u to make it with butane,imo.

In order to not end up smoking residual butane in your concentrate, you need to have a deep understanding of chemistry. I highly recommend you do not proceed without proper knowledge. It can seem to be really good, but the butane will get you high as well. This is very harmful.

There really is no reason for the amatuer to concentrate cannabis using butane. As mentioned above it really is terrible for your health to smoke any butane residue. Why not keep the process natural. Take advatage of the fact that THC isn't water soluable and buy or make some bubble bags. You can always press it up afterwards to change its texture/consistency.

Well first off I don't have access to hash and there is never much bud around. So I can't just run down to a dispensary and re-up. I was just looking for the amount to use. I have done plenty of research but have seen all different amounts of butane being used and didn't want to waste my money. I also am not going to buy bags to process a quarter. I just wanted to experiment with this and see if I liked it.

i use pure ether myself only takes a little bit i learned it from an old hippie that
    use to my real opiated thai sticks ether evaporates 99.9% and leaves no residue
    but have fun finding some he gave me a quart jar full 8 years ago and it's still
    75% full imo it's the only way and it will extract all of the thc in seconds
    this is all a game to me as an active role player any pictures or comments made are for the purpose of entertainment and only entertainment any pictures are readily available from the internet any likeness to real events or characters are purely fictional for everyone\'s enjoyment

the BHO mirror test is a good one, also colibree is good, I would use no less than 3x refined(5 and 7 times refined are available), and if your looking just to try then yeah its costly, as far as how much your gonna use depends a big deal on your extractor, the bud or shake, but allot on the extractor. I recommend okeif BHO extractors since their cheep and very good. and if your gonna make bho it is cheaper to buy your butane in bulk so you pay more like 3 or 4 dollars a can and not 12-15 a can, but you have to buy allot like 300 bucks worth. now if your just trying some bho, remember even a test batch your gonna need like 5 grams or more of raw buds to get like 5 or 6 hits, maybe more maybe less. and your also gonna need a special design of extractor, those okeif ones dont work properly if you just use a little bit, the butane just goes around the bud, so if you wanna try it is easier to get some at a cannabis club, or your gonna spend allot.

remember the more refined the more pure the product, butane can have all kinds of impurities in it so a well refined butane is important. as well as knowing what your doing, the evap process is very improtant.
    the cure for cancer is real
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhT9282-Tw

Quote Originally Posted by disrupt86
    well auctually making hash or possesing it at all is a felony regardless of the method.its considerd manufactured cannabis.
    Are you sure? Cuz the dispensary I go to sells hash...

Regarding BHO, I dunno... after reading about all those methods and even trying a few, I realized, why not just vape pot? You have clean heat plus plain vegetable matter, and you don't have to worry about chemicals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast