Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1669 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Which type and how much butane do you use to make BHO?

Quote Originally Posted by eastbaygordo
    If you get caught doing this say goodbye to freedom as this process is treated the same as cooking meth or processing coke/heroin.
    There is no medical defense for this process.

Do bubblebags of hash or green dragon if you want to make concentrates.

LOL, its not the method, its the action of MAKING it. Using Bubblebags and green dragon are just as illegal, taking a substance, making it more concentrated and in an easy to transport/have form.

Again, not the process, just the act.

-C

2.   Advertisements

Hash is medicine just like herb, it can be better medicine because it is concentrated it is PURE. In fact if you look up RICK SIMPSON he is using a type of hash as a cure for cancer and many other things. This is the Cure the medical Field needs to look into, PURE THC or hashish, believe it or not you can not over dose from cannabis no matter how concentrated of a hash you get, you would have to have about 50 pounds of good hash and drop it from about 50 feet on your head for cannabis to be lethal. about half of that for a child, you will not die from cannabis. there are supposed to be cases of allergic reactions but allot of those are allergic to smoke not cannabis, I have heard nothing of allergic reactions from eating or vapin etc.? but I could be wrong of coarse.

I will tell you one thing when I'm in pain from a kidney stone hash is better than opiates the Dr's prescribe, and its quicker its almost instant. a bong toke or probley a few then a nice brownie or cake of a good hash and I am set for hours,
    the cure for cancer is real
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhT9282-Tw

Yeah, I've seen a few videos and articles about Rick and his foundation. I think he uses naptha (might have the name wrong) as a solvent, but you have to buy it in 45 gal. barrels. It comes out like black tar from that solvent, but he swears by it. Supposedly he has cured dozens of people who had terminal cancer.

yeah he uses naptha, that is what I was wondering if his impurities in his oil is help full or just by product, caseu in BHO their is no impurities, that is why they call it honey oil because of its pure look to it, nothing but clean tricomes

in the hands of a good oil maker, the product is even amazing to look at , when considering most hash made from the same palnt is black or brown, and the oil is golden or even like a platinum gold color, in other words the color has a luster to it, it is very nice
    the cure for cancer is real
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhT9282-Tw

Quote Originally Posted by jebus2029
    When making BHO what type of butane do you use, how many times has it been refined, and how many ounces?

Is triple refined good enough, or do I need to find a more refined one?

I saw a 12 pack of 3 oz cans of colibri premium butane for $75. Seems pricey to me but I don't know how much it usually should go for. Plus if I need to use 3 or 4 cans I don't think it would really be worth it.
    It is legal here. I use 4X Lucienne in 300 ml cans, which I buy for ~$150 per 72 can six pack.

Jar was sloshed before cooling to show color.

GW

Quote Originally Posted by jebus2029
    When making BHO what type of butane do you use, how many times has it been refined, and how many ounces?

Is triple refined good enough, or do I need to find a more refined one?

I saw a 12 pack of 3 oz cans of colibri premium butane for $75. Seems pricey to me but I don't know how much it usually should go for. Plus if I need to use 3 or 4 cans I don't think it would really be worth it.
    I would use Vector..it's 5X purified and is the bomb..Works well. 5 bucks a can

funkfingers

Use nothing less than 5x refined butane..Vector is 5x there is a another one called lava that is 7x more expensive higher quality..BE safe ...no open flames..

•     

Dudes! Don't use extraction methods that vent butane and other toxic greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere.

Butane and other solvents can be reclaimed and reused, being re-purified each time you use them.

40 years ago when I learned how to make hash oil the first time, you had to purify your solvent first. Starting with coleman lantern fuel, which is nearly 100% naphtha, you distil the naphtha several times to get the impurities out. The clean naphtha was used to dissolve hash bricks (or used to extract resins from dried plants). The loaded naphtha is then filtered to remove solids, then run through a distillation process again, reclaiming the naphtha, and yielding your hash oil. The downside is cooking the hash oil to remove the naphtha.

Using butane is a cooler process, instead of heat being used in distillation, you use a freon recovery system to vacuum distil the butane to recover it. You will need to warm the product/butane mixture vessel to speed the process, but the temperature of the product doesn't need to be above room temperature. This yields a fresh unaltered product, and a full-recovery of your butane.... You also get a more complete extraction because you can use a lot more solvent, and get every bit of oil out of the feedstock.

You can try different solvents, even non-toxic solvents like grain alcohol. But don't vent your solvents into the air! It is a lot more work, but it is the RIGHT way to do it!

•     

I'm a Colibri man, all the way, though Newport and Lucienne bench very well as well. I've been picking up from butanesource.com lately, and they have just about every major brand out there. ^^^ enjoyed the last post about hash oil extractions from yester-year. As some other folks said you want to start with at least a 5x refined butane but in the end it's all about the purge... a higher quality butane will boil off 99% at room temp, or a little warmer, but you really need a vacuum purge of some sorts to get the best product. Folks will argue for days over which brand gives you the best flavor/results so I suggest you just try a few different ones and go with what you personally find to be your best.

Happy extractin!
    Current Favorite Strains: Mob Boss, OG Kush (Pre \'98), Girl Scout Cookies (all of them)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12