Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1674 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

brain-bending philosophical things thought up while stoned/high

i couldnt find a thread that talked about this so i made one.
    -----------------------------------
    sometimes when im really fucked up i start thinking about things a stoner shouldnt be thinking of.
    i thought that math really doesnt make sense and its just numbers coming together and transformer to make another number. and theres no logical pattern to it just a random change.

ive heard of some guy saying "life is like a big ying yang cookie and i want to take a big 'ol bite outve it" or something like that while stoned.

id like to hear what you guys have thought up while smoking the ganja.
    matrixhomie Reviewed by matrixhomie on . brain-bending philosophical things thought up while stoned/high i couldnt find a thread that talked about this so i made one. ----------------------------------- sometimes when im really fucked up i start thinking about things a stoner shouldnt be thinking of. i thought that math really doesnt make sense and its just numbers coming together and transformer to make another number. and theres no logical pattern to it just a random change. ive heard of some guy saying "life is like a big ying yang cookie and i want to take a big 'ol bite outve it" or Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I'm not sure how philosophical this may sound, or if it comes out sounding dumb...BUT Some times when I'm stoned, or even just concentrating on it...I can't help but feel like we are all just a head with extra stuff like arms and legs etc. Cuz when you think about it...we're actually just living in our bodies looking outward onto the world.

So when you break that down, kinda forget about your body all you get is of coarse your heart and lungs, ears and eyes. And then try to break that down...you get the question of who we really are, and where/what our identity truly is. Maybe this what they mean when they say we are spirits in a body. But dig this too! If we are Human Beings each with a "spirit", doesn't a dog have a spirit? What's the difference between his spirit and my spirit aside from what our body is? Maybe our identity is bound by our consciousness/ego....and MAYBE our spirits are all the same...dog, cat, human, whatever.( :wtf: ) Even further...plants are living things too! lol....

I don't know if I'm sounding dumb but, or making any sense to you, but this something I often ponder...especially when stoned ( which I am):jointsmile:

Quote Originally Posted by tha_green_ghost
    ...I can't help but feel like we are all just a head with extra stuff like arms and legs etc. Cuz when you think about it...we're actually just living in our bodies looking outward onto the world.
    This is a concept you will find in the Buddhist religion. Heavily paraphrasing, our bodies are simply a vehicle for experiencing this physical plane.

Basically, this viewpoint separates the mind/spirit and body in the same manner a car and driver are separated. I'm just kind of disappointed that I got a VW Microbus instead of a Corvette . . .

Cold hearted orb that rules the night
    Removes the colors from our sight
    Red is grey and yellow white
    Yet we decide which is right

and which is an illusion

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlazer
    This is a concept you will find in the Buddhist religion. Heavily paraphrasing, our bodies are simply a vehicle for experiencing this physical plane.

Basically, this viewpoint separates the mind/spirit and body in the same manner a car and driver are separated. I'm just kind of disappointed that I got a VW Microbus instead of a Corvette . . .

You just need a tune up mate. Just about everyone can tune up the 'ol "auto" mobile physiology.

Quote Originally Posted by wingedson
    You just need a tune up mate. Just about everyone can tune up the 'ol "auto" mobile physiology.
    lol, you're probably right. Too much gas and not enough go is my problem.

That didn't come out exactly how I meant it to.
    Cold hearted orb that rules the night
    Removes the colors from our sight
    Red is grey and yellow white
    Yet we decide which is right

and which is an illusion

Don't know if this is rightly philosophical, but it's pretty cool to contemplate.

Suppose time travel was possible and you traveled back to before you were born. Where did you come from? Also suppose you unintentionally change events so that your parents never meet. How are you still there? Or would you be?

Is the past immutable, or can a change made by a time traveler instantly change the present reality? Or would a change simply create a branching reality in a separate time line?

Suppose an older wiser you went back into time and met your younger self. What advice would you give yourself? Would you suddenly remember the event happening, or would you "kill" yourself by creating a branching time stream?

:S5:

Quote Originally Posted by tha_green_ghost
    I'm not sure how philosophical this may sound, or if it comes out sounding dumb...BUT Some times when I'm stoned, or even just concentrating on it...I can't help but feel like we are all just a head with extra stuff like arms and legs etc. Cuz when you think about it...we're actually just living in our bodies looking outward onto the world.

So when you break that down, kinda forget about your body all you get is of coarse your heart and lungs, ears and eyes. And then try to break that down...you get the question of who we really are, and where/what our identity truly is. Maybe this what they mean when they say we are spirits in a body.
    I have a philosophy/religion site. I've actually been considering something similair. I havn't really gotten into that yet on my site. To really get into that I wanted to make a video. Here's my website. www.thelovinggod.com check it out it.

Back to what you are saying. So from what I understand certain interpretations of recent discoveries in science would suggest that their may not exist an objective external world.

So i've been considering something like this.

Now imagine a multi player video game. The world you are in doesn't really exist. Each person has their own game screen/perspective where they render this imaginary game world and interact with each other.

I sometimes wonder about how life came into being because something can't be created out of nothing according to our understanding. And if there's a God (explosion, alien, ect.) what created him or it, or did it even have an origin or a birth? Science has a theory about the begining of the universe involving parallel worlds. According to this, anything someone does at this giving moment his doing the exact opposite in another universe, its preaty crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7SDr...eature=related
    \"The new age is upon us and yet the past refuses to rest in its shallow grave for those who hide behind the false image of the son of man shall stand before God\"
    -immortal technique-

my friend called me crazy and i think he serious lol. i hadn't toked for a month so i was clean and i mixed mids wit some bomb ass weed(willie wonder). 3 heads on the blunt and i was out

anyway my friend brings up avitar and how it made record braking numbers. at of no where my mind puts pieces to the puzzle together and i say "jus like titanic made money in 97 near the 2000 wen ppl thought the world would end, now avitor shits and makes money showing how much people care for entertainment near 2012 signifing destruction"

lol everything jus clicked and i had to say that...he was jus like ur fucking crazy dont think like that

One day I was by myself thinking (yet again) and I somehow thought up the idea that we as humans are nothing more then a being of some sort whose sole purpose for existance is to control my body.

My idea was that in some other dimension (I'm not familiar with the technical terms-im not a doctor ) beings, entities of some sort I don't know what, are being created. By what I don't know. As for why I also don't know. These entities are all able to connect with one another and do so by entering our dimension as a spirit/soul trapped in mine and your body. When humans die, the entity does not. It just reconnects with the other entities as another human with no recolection of its previous existance on this earth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast