Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1585 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

brain-bending philosophical things thought up while stoned/high

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlazer
    Don't know if this is rightly philosophical, but it's pretty cool to contemplate.

Suppose time travel was possible and you traveled back to before you were born. Where did you come from? Also suppose you unintentionally change events so that your parents never meet. How are you still there? Or would you be?

Is the past immutable, or can a change made by a time traveler instantly change the present reality? Or would a change simply create a branching reality in a separate time line?

Suppose an older wiser you went back into time and met your younger self. What advice would you give yourself? Would you suddenly remember the event happening, or would you "kill" yourself by creating a branching time stream?

:S5:
    i think the universe would explode. like overheating an engine. cause you WeRe, but you went back and made is so you WeRe NOT. and if you were never born, you could never go back and make yourself not be born, so you would exist? but the fact that you EXIST is the reason for you NOT existing.

thats why i say, the only reason anyone ever should off themself would be if they did travel back in time. cause its better if you're dead then if you were to destroy the universe. so, if you can, avoid time travel.

my brain cells are sweatin balls

2.   Advertisements

Too many sick memories to remember!

As for philosophical thoughts, whenenver I get high, it hits me how important it is to live in the moment. It's like, when I'm high, it's so obvious that reality is NOW, but when I'm sober I find myself thinking about random shit...

Once when stoned I was thinking about the universe. I thought, if the universe is 13.5 billion years old, then we couldn't see any light source more than 13.5 billion light-years away because the light hasn't had time to reach us. (see diagram)

I guess that isn't really that much philosophical, but it does drive home how small we really are.

Once again pepurr, you blow my fucking mind.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tha_green_ghost
    I'm not sure how philosophical this may sound, or if it comes out sounding dumb...BUT Some times when I'm stoned, or even just concentrating on it...I can't help but feel like we are all just a head with extra stuff like arms and legs etc. Cuz when you think about it...we're actually just living in our bodies looking outward onto the world.

So when you break that down, kinda forget about your body all you get is of coarse your heart and lungs, ears and eyes. And then try to break that down...you get the question of who we really are, and where/what our identity truly is. Maybe this what they mean when they say we are spirits in a body. But dig this too! If we are Human Beings each with a "spirit", doesn't a dog have a spirit? What's the difference between his spirit and my spirit aside from what our body is? Maybe our identity is bound by our consciousness/ego....and MAYBE our spirits are all the same...dog, cat, human, whatever.( :wtf: ) Even further...plants are living things too! lol....

I don't know if I'm sounding dumb but, or making any sense to you, but this something I often ponder...especially when stoned ( which I am):jointsmile:
    What if your whole life u thought you were alive you were only a character of a virtual reality game. Under someone else's control...

Quote Originally Posted by pepurr
    Once when stoned I was thinking about the universe. I thought, if the universe is 13.5 billion years old, then we couldn't see any light source more than 13.5 billion light-years away because the light hasn't had time to reach us. (see diagram)

I guess that isn't really that much philosophical, but it does drive home how small we really are.
    Actually, it's even crazier than that. Astronomers and Cosmologists now believe that not only is the universe expanding from the initial big bang, but the rate of its expansion is increasing. Object are not just moving apart from a central point, as one is sort of intuitively led to believe from the idea of the Big Bang, rather everything is moving away from everything else in the universe, and the speed it all moves at is increasing!

What this means is that as billions of years pass EVERYTHING will get farther and farther apart and we will be able to see the light from fewer and fewer distant objects, as it all moves away.

Eventually, they now believe, all of everything is so far away from everything else that no light will be able to pass between anything at all. Everything will be uniformly cooled down and spread out and the universe will simply sink into a stasis where nothing happens at all and everything is dark.

Pretty sobering, huh? :wtf:

Astronomy is a trip.

Okay, this one is not very philosophical but I have always wanted to know. When you are driving down the highway and see one shoe on the side of the road..... Where the hell did it come from??? Did someone have their leg out of the car and it fell off?? Maybe some crazy f@#Ker was walking down the road and was like "AAAHHHH shoe, I cant take this shoe any more" and tossed it????? Anyway like I said not very deep but puzzling none the less.

I do have one thought that does seem to occur to me from time to time when I am really baked. What if our entire reality and the whole of our existence is merely a thought in the mind of an infinite being.

Quote Originally Posted by McLuvin
    Okay, this one is not very philosophical but I have always wanted to know. When you are driving down the highway and see one shoe on the side of the road..... Where the hell did it come from??? Did someone have their leg out of the car and it fell off?? Maybe some crazy f@#Ker was walking down the road and was like "AAAHHHH shoe, I cant take this shoe any more" and tossed it????? Anyway like I said not very deep but puzzling none the less.
    Those are lovelorn shoes trying to find their matching socks which went missing right after wash day.

I do have one thought that does seem to occur to me from time to time when I am really baked. What if our entire reality and the whole of our existence is merely a thought in the mind of an infinite being.
    Whatever you do . . . don't break his/her/its concentration . . . [attachment=o255456]

What if we are this infinite being? :wtf:
    Seeing the world from near infinite viewpoints :jointsmile:
    Different parts of ourself becoming groups that "think" differently
    Total mind trip, huh?

What if billions of universes existed super-microscopically all around us, AND macroscopically larger than us, because we are selves are just in a micro universe that is a molecular piece of a infinite puzzle.. and its just never ending through time and space.. because, time and space are continuous.. and they can be divided infinitely, as Aristotle pointed out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast