Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1888 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Help with bubbleponics

I just built a bubbleponics and has been running for 48hrs. This morning i woke up and it was filled with foam so bad that the pump was barley working. What would cause this? Also the bottom of my plants are yellow greenish now (is that from transplanting?). My temp is about 75 degrees with 65% hum. [I] am using the same setup as stealth hydro sells but i made it myself. My lighting is 2 100 watt cfl and 2 leds. (2 leds are equal to one 400 hps so they claim). My plants were started in dirt pots outside and transplanted to hydroponic system 2 days ago. My water ph level is around 6.8-7.0. An i missing somthing or is my light bad or am i just doing it wrong. any help would be great. i have posted some pics of what i have going. thanks
    Bongtok4u Reviewed by Bongtok4u on . Help with bubbleponics I just built a bubbleponics and has been running for 48hrs. This morning i woke up and it was filled with foam so bad that the pump was barley working. What would cause this? Also the bottom of my plants are yellow greenish now (is that from transplanting?). My temp is about 75 degrees with 65% hum. am using the same setup as stealth hydro sells but i made it myself. My lighting is 2 100 watt cfl and 2 leds. (2 leds are equal to one 400 hps so they claim). My plants were started in dirt pots Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Help with bubbleponics

how did you manage to get the soil away from the roots? did you do a lot of damage?

what is your res temp?

is water getting to your roots?

your pH is high. with hydro you want 5.5 to about 6.3 ( i think, i'm still in dirt).

fill out the troubleshooting form in my sig to get better help.

-shake

Help with bubbleponics

Quote Originally Posted by headshake
    how did you manage to get the soil away from the roots? did you do a lot of damage?

what is your res temp?

is water getting to your roots?

your pH is high. with hydro you want 5.5 to about 6.3 ( i think, i'm still in dirt).

fill out the troubleshooting form in my sig to get better help.

-shake
    I took luke warm water a rinsed all the dirt off the best i could. I think it was a bad idea though. i did do some root damage but minimal i think. 3 plants were so twisted together that i had to plant them together. im just waiting to see which one of them is females.
    I dont know never took it. What is a good temp?
    Yes water is getting to the root system on all my plants
    See i think thats my problem i have been getting mix review on ph levels an done some research and have gotten different answers too. I went with 6.8 because that was the most common. This is my first time on this fourm and im hoping it will help me out. i dont understand your truobleshooting fourm?

Help with bubbleponics

fill out the parts that are applicable to you on the form. that's what the little key with the C, E, H and stuff are at the top. the letters next to the questions correspond to the letters in the key. there is a new one in the works.

oh, you did some damage. what color are your roots? you had 3 plants in the same container? them being fused is exactly why it's ONE PLANT PER POT! even if they are all females they will fight over nutes and light. one or two will prosper and the other(s) will suffer. what if the good one is a male? hopefully it's lesson learned if this is the case.

i think 70F is the ideal(ish) temp for your res. like i said, i'm not a 'dro guy. i'm sure one of them will chime in.

i'm pretty sure 6.8 is a bit high for your pH. the ideal pH for soil is 6.3 (granted pH is strain dependent) and hydro is lower than this. how are you testing your pH?

-shake

Help with bubbleponics

Quote Originally Posted by headshake
    fill out the parts that are applicable to you on the form. that's what the little key with the C, E, H and stuff are at the top. the letters next to the questions correspond to the letters in the key. there is a new one in the works.

oh, you did some damage. what color are your roots? you had 3 plants in the same container? them being fused is exactly why it's ONE PLANT PER POT! even if they are all females they will fight over nutes and light. one or two will prosper and the other(s) will suffer. what if the good one is a male? hopefully it's lesson learned if this is the case.

i think 70F is the ideal(ish) temp for your res. like i said, i'm not a 'dro guy. i'm sure one of them will chime in.

i'm pretty sure 6.8 is a bit high for your pH. the ideal pH for soil is 6.3 (granted pH is strain dependent) and hydro is lower than this. how are you testing your pH?

-shake
    The root color is a creamy white, and i didnt intend for the 3 to grow together
    but i put three seeds to a contaner thinking only 1 would grow but all 3 took off in the one pot so i keep them. out of 12 starters i keep the 6 healthest ones and it happen to be those three. i dont know what one if any are females only time will tell. I checked water temp and its 75 degrees so im good with that i think. Im using stealth hydro nuts the fire grow bloom product. i am using strips to test right now. Tommorrow im going to start some more seedlings just incase i lose all of the ones i have now. Its just there already 1month old and i dont want to restart. i thank you for your input.

Help with bubbleponics

you're welcome for the input.

i'm pretty sure that 75F is too high and this will lead to some root rot. do what you do though.

-shake

Help with bubbleponics

[quote=headshake]you're welcome for the input.

i'm pretty sure that 75F is too high and this will lead to some root rot. do what you do though.

Well theni will lower the temp of my ressi. what do you mean do what i do? am i doing somthing wrong in my process? please tell

Help with bubbleponics

what i was saying is that you are gonna do what you are gonna do regardless of what i say. that's all. i'm not knocking you or anything.

like i said, i'm not a hydro guy. fill out the form and you will get better/more accurate answers.

-shake

Help with bubbleponics

sorry didnt mean anythign by it just trying to get some good info and seems noone wants to help me out. i do thank you though

Help with bubbleponics

so fill out the form if you need help!

the letters up top corrospond to a certain growing medium.

letters preceed the questions below, if the letter that corrosponds to your growing medium preceeds the question you answer that question. as it states, the "E"s are for everyone to answer.

-shake

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast