Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1569 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

spaghetti cooltube

i have an idea to use a plastic spaghetti cooker thing as a cooltube.... i know i probably shouldn't use plastic but it's pretty thick shit, and it's the perfect size. i'm using a 400w hps and i'm not sure exactly how hot it gets but i'm worried it might get hot enough to melt... some site says it's made of 100% polyamide (nylon). it also says it's a "low heat conduction sleeve" here's some pics
    str8jacket secure Reviewed by str8jacket secure on . spaghetti cooltube i have an idea to use a plastic spaghetti cooker thing as a cooltube.... i know i probably shouldn't use plastic but it's pretty thick shit, and it's the perfect size. i'm using a 400w hps and i'm not sure exactly how hot it gets but i'm worried it might get hot enough to melt... some site says it's made of 100% polyamide (nylon). it also says it's a "low heat conduction sleeve" here's some pics Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

spaghetti cooltube

I have a dollar says it melts or atleast distorts pretty bad
    If you have something productive to say by all means speak up, if not then please close the hole under your nose.
    Grow in Progress - Forced into retirement, advise only.:detective1: ........................................ maybe
    All pictures are either computer generated or \"found\" on the web.

spaghetti cooltube

Bad idea. 400W. is pro equipment. Think about your family, pets, plants--anything that can burn. Some plastics emit nasty gasses when heated--toxic, and/or explosive.

No Kinda insurance gon' pay off on a fire this kinda foolishness starts, either.

[attachment=o219977]
    Need advice wth plant problems?
    Use this form:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/plant-pro...ing-forms.html

spaghetti cooltube

What's wrong with using a "Bake-a-Round"????

Makes a 4" diameter 'cool tube' very easily and is pyrex (boroscilicate) glass.

And they are cheap, just check E-bay. That pasta cooker thing is only open on one end, how you going to open up the other end?
    Don't :rasta:then engineer, try it the other way around.
    Keep it civil please, gentlemen. -StinkyAttic

spaghetti cooltube

I wouldn;t even eat pasta cooked in that thing lol...

and as others have said, its going to melt and/or burn/emit really toxic fumes from the heat of the bulb.

Pyrex glass or Ceramic glass are the only real safe things for this application.

ceramic glass would not make a whole lot of sense for this application though as you lose upwards of 20% of your light going through it.